Agile Development Manager
CentralSquare Technologies | Development | Kelowna, British Columbia
Software Development Manager - Kelowna, BC
What We're About
At CentralSquare, you’ll get the opportunity to work with international clients, in a collaborative environment, using the latest technology stacks.
Hard work should be rewarded. We are committed to competitive compensation, and pair it with a great benefits package.
We also like to have fun at CentralSquare. If you like playing recreational sports, Friday socials, and all you can drink coffee, you'll fit right in.
Outside of work, you’ll get to take advantage of living in Kelowna, BC. Not only is it one of the most beautiful places on earth throughout the year (we get over 2000 hours of sunshine and only 28cm of rain a year - just saying), it also happens to be home to a rapidly growing tech community, which is already generating over a billion dollars annually. Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cohNti8_SSo
We're looking for a Software Development Manager who enjoys a challenge and thrives on building high quality software that they are proud to deliver to the marketplace.
Join CentralSquare Technologies and work with a team focused on developing software for use in the Public Administration of cities and towns across the United States and Canada. Leverage your exceptional management skills and work with a remarkably talented group of development professionals.
You will collaborate with our Director of Development and lead our development teams in building enterprise applications for our clients across North America. The right candidate can inspire your team, make the impossible possible, and pay real attention to detail. You have multiple years of professional experience writing well-structured and well-tested code, are at ease with .Net technology, and have a strong approach to object-oriented software.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of a software development team by providing coaching, leadership, and guidance
- Motivate and encourage the development team by ensuring goals are properly defined and achieved
- Assist in defining and continually enhancing processes and practices for our growing team and harness the power of agile methodologies
- Build clean and effective software solutions that meet functionality, performance, scalability and reliability expectations with an efficiently operating team
- Ensure that software related documentation (requirement specifications, design documents, protocols, etc.) is created and maintained
- Liaise with the R&D team, as well as departments such as Product Management and IT Operations to plan and execute projects on realistic implementation schedules
- Actively participate in team meetings and offer recommendations / ideas on various design projects
- Stay current with trends, techniques, best practices, technology and other factors impacting the job – incorporating aspects as deemed necessary
- Collaborate in various aspects of ideation, design, coding, and testing features with team members to deliver new functionality and enhancements
- Strong software development fundamentals
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant field
- At least 5+ years of experience leading software teams
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Agile methodologies
- Hands-on development experience with strong object-oriented programming principles
Soft Skills and Key Characteristics:
- Strong leadership and delegation
- Ability to coach and mentor others
- No task too big or too small approach
- Nimble with a strong sense of urgency to support our business needs
- Able to work independently, organize, plan and prioritize competing needs and issues
- Strong communicator (both written and verbal) to various audiences