Customer Support Analyst
CentralSquare Technologies | Customer Support | Cambridge, Ontario
The Customer Support Analyst provides software and system support for customers. Researches and resolves problems and issues, in conjunction with Software environments. Requires interface with other team members and customers.
Knowledge: Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
Complexity: Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
Supervision: Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Incident Resolution
- Provide expert solutions to complex customer problems in a timely manner by receiving, clarifying and investigating incidents.
- Take ownership of and follow-through with all priority customer incidents.
- Observe trends with technical issues and recommend improvements to design, documentation or implementation.
- Work with Services and R&D to expedite incident resolution and ensure seamless delivery of support service to customers.
- Determine when issues need to be escalated.
- Set severity levels with customers.
- May be assigned escalated tickets.
- Knowledge Management
- Clearly and concisely document all customer interaction and all steps taken to resolve incidents.
- Develop expertise within product area.
- Contribute to a customer focused environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolution activity, cross training and an absolute focus on resolving customer incidents as quickly and effectively as possible.
- Attend training sessions offered and assist with peer training as needed.
- Create KB articles and documents using the Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) methodology, to be published and shared both internally and with the customer base.
- Offer complete and timely technical explanations to customers throughout the incident resolution process and ensure that customers’ staff fully understand issue, its resolutions and means for prevention.
- Ensure that all internal and external customer interactions are handled professionally and with the highest level of service, follow-through and consistently keep commitments.
- Ensure professional telephone manner at all times.
- Additional Duties
- May be required to assist with incident assignment duties.
- Participate in team projects.
- Participates in system and release testing and QA as needed.
- Manage assigned Projects effectively (workload management).
- Recommend improvements in Support policies and procedures.
- Create software and document enhancement requests.
- May be required to participate in billable engagements.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
Bachelor’s degree with a technical discipline including computer science, management information systems (or equivalent experience)
Typically requires 0 - 2 years of experience.
Experience in Healthcare, Support, Software Development, IT, or Quality Assurance is preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Basic understanding of relational database concepts, architecture and SQL
- Ability to write and run SQL scripts preferred.
- Knowledge of Java
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to handle difficult or sensitive situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Track record in providing outstanding customer service.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
If you are determined to give your best every day and you are seeking an opportunity to work with an amazing group of people, then apply online today!