Java Engineer (Mid-Level)
Vertafore | Development | Greenwich, CT
We are looking for an experienced Java Developer to help us grow our strategic data platform initiative. In this role, you’ll be constantly improving our platform handling millions of insurance policies and providing valuable analytics to the insurance industry.
· Responsible for developing new features for our RiskMatch and data platform and supporting/bugfixing existing features
· Responsible for developing/implementing algorithms to better process our insurance data and gather more insightful analytics
· Responsible for production troubleshooting involving customer data accuracy and reporting
· Work with netops team to build tools to monitor and automate processes
- Experience with Java and/or Groovy/Kotlin. The main code base is in Java/Groovy and we are switching for all newly developed things to Kotlin.
- Know core java really well
- Experience with Linux command line
- Experience working with web frameworks like Spring Boot, Grails, Play, etc.
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL, Postgres
- Experience with NoSQL solutions such as Elasticsearch, Cassandra, AWS DynamoDB, Mongo, Redis etc.
- Experience with distributed caching like memchached, Coherence, Infinispan etc
- Experience with HBase/Hive/Spark/Hadoop
This is a unique opportunity to play a critical role in a changing and very complex industry. Join us and discover a dynamic work environment built around a commitment to continuous innovation and the drive to exceed demanding expectations every day.