Java Engineer (Mid-Level)
Vertafore | Development | Greenwich, CT
We are looking for a Java Developer to help us grow our strategic data platform initiative. In this role, you’ll be constantly improving our platform handling millions of insurance policies and providing valuable analytics to the insurance industry.
· Responsible for developing new features for our RiskMatch and data platform and supporting/bugfixing existing features
· Responsible for developing/implementing algorithms to better process our insurance data and gather more insightful analytics
· Responsible for production troubleshooting involving customer data accuracy and reporting
· Work with netops team to build tools to monitor and automate processes
- Experience with Java and/or Groovy/Kotlin. The main code base is in Java/Groovy and we are switching for all newly developed things to Kotlin.
- Experience with Linux command line
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL, Postgres
This is a unique opportunity to play a critical role in a changing and very complex industry. Join us and discover a dynamic work environment built around a commitment to continuous innovation and the drive to exceed demanding expectations every day.