Allocate Software | Accounting/Finance | Richmond, England
Allocate Software has been designing innovative products to optimise complex organisations since 1991. We have taken expertise from a number of industries and applied this to the specific issues and complexity of healthcare. Today we focus on delivering software tools to help healthcare institutions manage their staff safely and efficiently so that they can deliver exceptional care to all their patients. We have customers in 11 countries, with 800,000 people deployed using our software in over 800 organisations. We also have a separate division focussing on the shipping and defence sectors.
It is an exciting time to be at Allocate as we seek to grow rapidly and take our business to the next level. The Legal Counsel, working closely with the Legal & Commercial Director, will be actively involved in shaping the way Legal supports the business and helps deliver the company’s strategy. You will be in the thick of things, working on a full range of legal matters, driving forward legal projects, building relationships throughout the business and partnering closely with key stakeholders to get deals done whilst acting as a guardian of the business.
About the role
- Commercial contracts – drafting, negotiating and advising on client and supplier contracts; continually improving our approach to increase efficiency, identify key risks, reduce negotiation friction and deliver stronger contracts more quickly.
- Corporate transactions – supporting strategic acquisitions, liaising with external advisors and business partners to facilitate the deal process and to implement post-deal actions.
- Company Secretarial – managing the governance of group companies.
- Compliance – implementing compliance policies and procedures and providing guidance and training to ensure best practice – in particular, understanding the impact of privacy laws on Allocate’s business, identifying key risks, advising on process improvements and monitoring compliance.
- Other legal matters – including intellectual property, employment law, disputes and property when relevant, working with external advisors as necessary.
- Legal processes – continually improve how we deliver legal services within Allocate by understanding business needs, embracing technology, finding and solving inefficiencies and acting as a champion of Legal within the business.
- External advisers – managing relationships with our panel of lawyers, including in Australia, Denmark, Germany and Sweden, and others as required.
This role will suit someone who loves getting involved, finding out what’s going on, learning about the business, its products, clients and people and who wants to improve how things are done – within legal and the business. A stand-out candidate will be able to demonstrate that they have a pragmatic, solutions-focussed approach with the professional judgement to balance the commercial and legal needs of the business. We are looking for someone who will understand where we are trying to get to as a team and a business and who will enjoy the journey getting there. We are looking for a qualified solicitor with the relevant level of commercial law and technology sector experience. If you are interested, please get in touch as we’d love to hear about your motivations for this role.