UI Designer (Mid-Level)
Vertafore | Product Management | Denver, CO
We’re looking for a mid-level UI Designer (2-5 years) with previous experience working with web applications or enterprise software who loves working within a team and is passionate about solving complex problems.
You’ll be joining a small but growing team of experienced designers who strive to create user-centered platforms. Our team thrives on cross-functional collaboration and connecting one-on-one with our customers to gain a deep understanding of their needs. Insurance is complicated, but we believe its software doesn’t have to be!
What we’re looking for in a UI Designer:
- You have an eye for detail; you’ll be responsible for pixel-perfect designs that adhere to a design library and final content.
- You’re comfortable working in low/mid-fidelity wires and scaling up to clean UI.
- You stay up-to-date on UI best practices and standards (such as HIG or Material Design).
- You have some basic knowledge of front-end development (or at least an understanding of how design translates into code).
- You translate complex problems into intuitive & clean UIs.
- You thrive on working as a part of a collaborative team, both giving and receiving feedback.
- You thrive in an environment with short feedback loops for iterations, and can deliver designs on time. While you need to be speedy, you are also a deliberate designer; every pixel has a purpose.
- You have experience working with UX designers, translating low-fidelity wireframes into pixel-perfect designs.
- You’re comfortable working with engineers to understand how your designs impact development and vice versa. Your designs should be feasible to implement, and you’ll make sure they’re developed accurately.
- You have experience designing responsive screens, working with grids and breakpoints.
- You are a passionate advocate for your user, but know when to look beyond their requests to understand the true problem.
- You must know how to use Sketch, and also preferably collaborate with a team using Sketch libraries.
- You preferably have some knowledge/experience with creating design systems.
- Bonus points: you have experience with usability testing or other end-user research methods.
Skills & Requirements
- You have 2-5 years of professional experience in an agency or software setting.
- Your wealth of expertise is demonstrated by a compelling portfolio that showcases your problem framing, research, problem solving, and visualization skills.
- You have demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, Axure RP, Sketch, and similar design tools.
- You can easily move between considering the forest and paying attention to the trees.
- (Preferred) You have experience in an agile software environment.