IT Support Engineer
Advanced | Operations (Managed Services) | Leeds, England
IT Services is the infrastructure, IT outsourcing and hosting division of Advanced. The team delivers solutions to business requirements in a changing technological landscape. With our customers relying on our knowledge & expertise within IT Services, our IT Support Engineer's help to make the complex simple, as we become one of the UK technology industry’s success stories. We’re growing fast and building an exciting future.
The IT Support Engineer is tasked with providing optimal value to our business by providing on site or remote IT support at the first and second line at one or several of our customers’ premises.
What you will be doing
- An IT Support Engineer provides second line support to end-users and customers with onsite presence, travelling between their offices in West Yorkshire as required.
- Troubleshooting and resolving front line issues and queries
- Logging incidents, service requests, changes and problem tickets in our support platform (Remedy) escalating where necessary
- Ensuring timely resolution of requests in line with Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Creating / updating training material, quick tip sheets and other documentation
What you will be good at
- As an IT Support Engineer, you will have the ability to troubleshoot issues across networking, desktop, mobile and other IT infrastructure systems
- Some knowledge of enterprise-level IT systems and services such as Windows 8 through to 10/ Office 365/ Skype for business/OneDrive
- Experience in co-ordination of issue resolution to agreed service levels and targets
- The ability to self-organise and prioritise workload
What we would like you to have
- A level of flexibility
- Experience using Remedy is preferred, but not necessary
- Previous experience in a customer facing role is desirable
- A natural interest in putting forwards new ideas to improve processes
- A desire to develop your career at pace, and the commitment to excellence that this requires
- Full UK driving licence