Aptean | Business Operations | Toronto,
The Engineer, QA is responsible for working on testing related problems of relatively complex scope using standard concepts & principles. Works as a fully contributing team member, under broad guidance. S/he needs to be hands on in creating feature level test designs and test cases to test all tiers of n-tier application. S/he is expected to further build upon domain knowledge and technical/proprietary skills to reach levels of expertise. S/he should be able to guide new members in the team to help them scale up faster.
Knowledge: A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
Complexity: Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
Supervision: Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Create and execute manual feature level test designs and test cases for all tiers of an n-tier application.
- Participate in project test plan, test design and test case reviews.
- Participate in product design reviews and product documentation reviews.
- Acquires very good understanding of core product modules and is able to work on main functionality and flow.
- Understands Engineering Process, Agile methodology and Software Development and Testing cycle, and various testing tools used.
- Overview of features of one secondary product.
- Follows best practices for Testing.
- Is able to guide and help Associate QA Engineers to learn and scale up faster on process.
Work Experience (Indicate the approximate years of relevant work experience necessary for this position)
Typically requires a minimum of 2 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 1 year and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience. Typical range is 2-5 years.
Skills and Abilities
Problem Solving skills, Good Team Player, Excellent Written and Spoken Communication skills, Intercultural skills, Ability to Work with Global Teams at different time zones.