VIEW ALL APPLY NOW
Technical Quality Assurance Lead
PowerSchool | R&D | Bengaluru, Karnataka
Skills & Requirements
- Lead a quality team and manage quality of software projects from inception to delivery. Be both a highly technical hands-on engineer and an effective team leader.
- Analyze requirements, architect testing and quality assurance strategies, implement continuous automation, as well as all the required testing disciplines / artifacts to ensure highest quality for all product deliverables.
- Establish goals and objectives for the team that aligns with the overall roadmap and delivery schedules. Coordinate multiple projects and manage competing priorities.
- Communicate cross-functionally and drive quality. Work in partnership with product management, engineering and other stake holders to drive quality and deliver the best products that delight end users.
- Ensure unit testing, code reviews, functional testing, integration testing, etc., are implemented and completed for functionality, performance, scalability and security. Ensure adherence to standards and best practices.
- Drive automation initiatives that reduce time spent on QA processes. Employ mistake-proofing, continuous automation and continuous improvement; continually drive improved disciplines, process and tools.
- Collaborates with other departments to direct customer compliance issues to appropriate areas for investigation and resolution.
- Coach and mentor team members for skill development and experience.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Skills & Requirements
- BS degree in Computer Science, or a related field required.
- 6 years of software development, quality engineering and / or quality assurance experience for enterprise software products, and a minimum 2 year of experience in leading quality teams. K-12 education experience is a plus.
- Deep understanding and proven track record of delivering enterprise software products with solid understanding and experience in Agile software development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the company.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and innovative environment, with the ability to deliver outstanding results.
- Self-starter who can perform flawlessly with minimal oversight/direction; possess a “whatever it takes to get the job done” work ethic (i.e., pick up the phone, stop by a desk, follow-up multiple times, etc.) and a do-it-all, nothing is too small mentality.
- Ability to keep a calm composure and work under pressure, with the ability to drive clarity and instill confidence in others, while facilitating and focusing teams to execute to commitments.
- Analytical and strategic thinker; outstanding business analysis and associated problem solving skills with strong organizational skills; attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to critique generally accepted and new concepts and deliver commercial solutions.
- Concise, creative presentation skills, both verbally and in written format.
- Collaborator with ability to exert influence on key stakeholder (including executives) while maintaining positive working relationships.