Product Manager - 911
CentralSquare Technologies | Product Management | Chicago, IL
The Product Manager (PdM) guides cross functional teams that are charged with product line contributions to CentralSquare, this extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. The PdM will design products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on industry experience and contact with customers and the market. The PdM must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. The PdM spends time in the market to understand their problems, and finds innovative solutions for the broader market.
The Product Manager will work with an engineering counterpart to define product release objectives, strategy, content and schedule. Will also work with marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customers. Position will serve as the internal and external evangelist for his/her product offering, frequently working with the sales channel and key customers.
The Product Manager is responsible for the entire business case associated with one or more product lines. This includes the pricing, infrastructure, delivery options (SaaS, on premise, etc.), strategic alliances, 3rd party agreements and initial introduction to customers.
A critical function of the Product Manager is to ensure Sales enablement. This includes sales training, demonstration support, competitive intelligence gathering / analysis, proposal evaluation and communication of product roadmaps.
The Product Manager may or may not manage others but requires the ability to influence and earn the respect of all teams without having managerial authority over their activities.
A product manager's role is both strategic and tactical at the same time and requires an innate ability to prioritize and multi-task to meet short term and long term corporate and product objectives
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Specifying market needs for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering/Marketing/Sales/Support/Delivery) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
- Developing and implementing a go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
- Responsible for overseeing the marketing ofproducts/services including positioning, market segmentation strategies, launch plans, pricing strategies, distribution/sales channels, and promotional activities, as well as the development of annual marketing plans (Roadmaps)
- Supervise the collection and consolidation of market data including, competitive information, agency demographics, funding sources and other influences in the marketplace.
- Compose and review business objectives and high level requirements for new product functionality.
- Review and assist in the development of product development justifications and ROI comparisons.
- Participate in trade shows and demonstrations, conferences and other sales support duties to include internal training and development of sales aids and support materials. Conduct product presentations and perform market research.
- Review and participate in RFP responses as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Engineering or Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Specialized knowledge:Software Function / Operation
- 3+ years’ experience as a Product Manager or like role
- Experience in Cloud-based, SaaS or hosted delivery models
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Experience in high technology markets
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to interact with peers, executive management, and clients Experience negotiating contracts or 3rd party agreements
- Experience with Business Intelligence, Analytics or Data Warehouse solutions Experience with crime investigation, link analysis or some sort of trend/event analysis Successful experience in turning a concept or opportunity into a product/service Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Passionate about building, managing and evangelizing the best products
- Professional Certification(s): Pragmatic Marketing (preferred)
Up to 40%