Sr. Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
AGDATA | Information Technology | Charlotte, NC
For over 30 years AGDATA has been a leader in the agricultural industry consistently pushing the boundaries of technology. Utilizing our extensive experience, we are able to provide clients with data and marketing solutions to improve supply chain visibility, optimize marketing investment and increase sales.
Today, we are transforming the way we do business to bring more value to more efficiently support our clients. We have a start-up like environment - we are always growing and innovating—but unlike a startup, we have a solid 30-year history and strong financial backing.
About the Team:
We are responsible for building, securing and maintaining the public and private cloud on which our customer-facing solutions are hosted. We collaborate closely with product engineering and our development teams to deliver highly available, redundant, secure and scalable services. We pride ourselves on being one step ahead of those who rely on us, we love technology and find “unplanned downtime” to be unacceptable.
This position is key to our success and requires knowledge and previous experience across more than just one area of expertise. Using new and current industry knowledge you will be responsible for executing on various components of our hybrid cloud strategy, such as: Azure PaaS/IaaS configuration, monitoring, automation, cloud governance, and security. As an expert in Cloud technology you will have unlimited opportunities to mentor, learn and continue to grow.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Interact with developers and application architecture teams to understand the components of their application architecture and translate that to underlying infrastructure requirements in Azure
- Analyze and resolve configuration issues in development, test, and production environments
- Contribute to and own portions of our cloud governance scaffold
- Use your understanding of Azure Infrastructure (VNET, NSG, Routing, WAF/App Gateway, Traffic Manager) in order to deploy and secure various Azure services (API Management, Web Apps, SQL, Service Bus, Service Fabric, AKS)
- Build effective monitoring, logging and auditing of production systems to ensure a secure and compliant infrastructure
- Assist in Azure cloud automation
- Assist with administration of other on-premise infrastructure as needed (e.g. AD, DNS, Hyper-V, IIS, Load Balancers, Firewalls, Pure Storage, etc.)
- Mentor and train others on basic administration and best practices
- Create and maintain infrastructure documentation
- Other duties as assigned
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- 5+ years of experience in Enterprise IT and/or Operating Public and Private Clouds
- 3+ years progressive experience with Azure Administration, Design, Operational Engineering and Support/Troubleshooting
- Thorough conceptual understanding and experience with Azure Governance, Policies, Blueprints, Cost Management
- Intermediate knowledge of PowerShell scripting and automation or equivalent scripting/automation
- Ability to work independently and own multiple projects from planning to completion
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
AGDATA is seeking individuals who thrive in a high growth environment, are passionate about their work, and are able to jump in and make an immediate impact to the organization. At AGDATA you’ll have unparalleled visibility and communication with senior leadership across the organization. We are an organization who encourages your insatiable curiosity.