Technical Product Manager - Capture Systems
EagleView | Product Strategy | Rochester, NY
EagleView is hiring a Technical Product Manager for our product team. In this role, you will be responsible for driving flight planning and image capture software solutions. You will work to ensure our planning and capture software systems meet customer accuracy and quality requirements, achieve efficiency goals, and deliver a productive and robust experience for our operations team and pilots.
- Leads functional requirement gathering effort for flight planning and capture software systems partnering with product managers, operations team, capture hardware team and other stakeholders.
- Ensures prioritization and scope to maximize our software development investment, with an eye to customer-facing product priorities as well as future platform investment.
- Understands building for scale, and the vision that re-usable services in our platform architecture will enable us to derive new products with a much shorter time to market.
- Translates product roadmap and business requirements into detailed functional requirements, in partnership with product managers and other TPMs.
- Conveys the Vision and Goals at the beginning of every Release and Sprint.
- Attends scrum meetings including standups, review, retrospectives, and demos.
- Clearly defines end-to-end acceptance criteria. Answers questions from software engineering team and clarifies requirements.
- Partners with our Agile Project Managers on trade-offs between schedule and requirements.
- Works closely with engineering, QA and operations teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources, with a bias towards touchless solutions.
- Aligns with key initiatives and cross-functional goals.
- Ensures requirements follow our information security policies to protect personally identifiable information and EagleView assets.
- Ensures requirements include performance, scalability and automation targets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communicates with confidence and demonstrate strategic and technical mastery of their domain when interacting with executives, peers, customers, and partners.
- Takes action to drive issues to resolution.
- Inspires teams to over-achieve in a fast-paced, distributed environment.
- Actively engages key stakeholders to drive business requirements.
- Completes projects and tasks on time, on target, and on budget.
- Reports regularly on performance against business metrics and objectives
- Curious – desires to learn every day.
- Critical Thinker – looks beyond the obvious.
- Communicator – shares thoughts, candidly and respectfully.
- Entrepreneurial, can-do approach coupled with a strong desire to make a difference.
- Ready to challenge the status-quo, and drive innovative ideas.
- Quantitative and analytical skills with a keen understanding of how numbers will affect outcomes over both the short and long term.
- Honest, candid and trustworthy. A team player.
- Executes quickly and gets things done on time.
- Agile and adaptable.
- Thrives on change.
- Quick study, self-learner.
- Gains proficiency in new industries, markets and technologies quickly.
- Bachelor’s (BA or BS) or Masters in business, computer science, GIS or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Four years’ previous experience as a product manager, program manager, business analyst, or in a related field.
- In-depth understanding of Agile methodologies, product life-cycle, and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and standard product requirement planning tools (JIRA, Aha!, Confluence or similar).
- Working knowledge of software development, software as a service.
- Experience with GIS, 3D geometry and machine learning desired.
- Familiarity with REST/Json/XML interfaces, methods and schemas.
- Comfortable working with multiple, cross functional teams, in-house and remote, domestically and international.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.