MINDBODY | Product Development
Company Overview - https://company.mindbodyonline.com/
JOB FAMILY SUMMARY:
Software Architects transform business objectives into technical strategies and work in the MINDBODY software development lifecycle providing technical designs, strategies, and mentorship to software development teams. Software Architects support software development teams by ensuring they have the infrastructure, platform, and documentation required to do their job effectively.
The Solutions Architect is responsible for guiding software engineering teams and application architects to build reliable and scalable systems adhering to the architecture roadmap. This position works closely with product managers and executive stakeholders to transform business needs into technical solutions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contributes significantly to MINDBODY’s technical architecture decisions and leads efforts to build and maintain a scalable, performant, and secure large-scale software platform
- Develops and/or enforces process and policies to help solidify a fast-moving, predictable and repeatable delivery schedule
- Creates high-level software architecture documentation including but not limited to: component diagrams, deployment diagrams, communication paths, logical data models, and technology decisions
- Works with other solution architects to ensure alignment across all architecture initiatives
- Is consulted by application architects to ensure that application design decisions are aligned with system design decisions
- Accountable for extracting non-functional requirements and quality attributes and designing a system which meets them in a measurable way.Further, ensures delivery teams understand these constraints and requirements along with their technical implications
- All other duties as assigned
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION/AUTHORITY:
Duties are performed under limited supervision. Often responsible for planning and organizing their own work, which may or may not be directly related to general business operations of the company or its customers. Will receive training and guidance from manager as needed. Individual contributors may be required to regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance depending on the nature of the position. No direct management responsibility.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 8+ years of software development experience with emphasis on web technologies, cloud computing, and SaaS
- Substantial experience designing, implementing and supporting highly available distributed systems
- Structured thinker, effective communicator, with excellent programming and analytic skills
- Strategic mind with strong operational, project management and technical architecture skills
- A track record of highly influential technical and leadership achievements
- Demonstrated skill in aligning technology strategy with business requirements
- Experience in contributing to short and long-term architecture road maps
- Substantial experience leading system solution design efforts
- Expertise in RESTful API, SOA, Microservice and integration architecture and design
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.