Technical Consultant (Remote)
CentralSquare Technologies | Professional Services | Orlando, FL
CentralSquare Technologies is a leading provider of software and services aligned to serve five key customer segments – Public Administration, Public Safety and Justice, State Government, Federal Government and Nonprofit Agencies. The combined experience and knowledge of our employees helps communities, governments and organizations better serve their population. Over 175 million people in North America live in communities that rely on our products and services.
The Installation Services Engineer performs post-sale, on-site client work including installations, upgrades, testing, and/or maintenance on Centralsquare products. Responsibilities also include: performing post-sale on-site technical support on networks/systems that may include telecommunications, voice, data, Internet, etc.; handling installations, upgrades, testing, security, and/or maintenance; implementing changes and procedures for safeguarding customer's information and enhance systems security; providing guidance to clients on operation of hardware and software products; and answering questions on function and usage. The person in this role possesses an excellent level of product knowledge, serves as liaisons between the organization and customers, and conveys customer feedback to technical design, engineering and project management staff.
- Defines client system requirements and specifications, such as hardware, software, site readiness, workflow detail, and networking requirements.
- Configures and tests the system based on customer functional requirements and system requirements.This may include documenting and conducting acceptance tests. May perform training on Centralsquare products at customer sites.
- Works with customer’s internal resources, such as Telco’s, Radio, CAD, Mapping, Voice Logging Recorder, and other vendors as required to implement the solution in a timely fashion.
- Documents all software problems and technical procedures used by the department.
- Creates/Updates installation documents of Centralsquare applications and third-party software.
- Identifies, documents and communicates project risks to the Project Manager, and works to resolve identified issues independently.
- Creates, maintains and updates project and installation documentation to include files, network and equipment diagrams, journals, and clients supplied information.
- Assists internal staff with technical issues as needed during the sales process.Involves question/answer with sales, and may include meetings with prospective customers via conference call (or on occasion in person).
- Assists Project Management, clients, and Technical Services staff with technical questions and issues as needed before and after a sale, both remotely and on-site.
- Assists Technical Services and clients with VPN communication problems.Assists in customer upgrades or operating system/server application changes.
- Provides follow up to the customer to ensure that all issues, questions, and needs are resolved to the customer’s satisfaction in a timely manner.
- Performs after hours work as needed or scheduled.
- Responds to customer emergency issues after hours via phone when scheduled to be “on call”.
- Performs on-call and back-up advanced troubleshoot support for Centralsquare products as assigned.
- Develops and maintains an expert knowledge of the Centralsquare product suite, as well as off-the-shelf products and equipment used in the solution, and the integration between such systems.
- Demonstrates and maintains an effective knowledge of the required technologies, operating systems, and third party products.
- Participates in creating and maintaining department standards, processes, and best practices.
- Able to continually pass background check requirements for working on and connecting to public safety information systems.
- Other responsibilities as required.
Skills & Requirements
Education: Associate degree in Computer Science or Information Systems preferred.
Professional Certification(s): Professional certifications in Microsoft operating systems and database, networking and virtualization technologies are preferred.
Specialized Knowledge: Knowledge of local, wide area network, and/or Cloud design and installation preferred. Experience in 911 Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) installation highly desired. Some roles may require experience with telephony PBX systems.
Computer Skills: Knowledge of MS and Linux operating systems, TCP/IP networking and related hardware, MS SQL database, and virtualization technologies. Initiative and ability to learn and use technology to deploy, enhance, test and/or maintain current product lines. Intermediate skills in MS products including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio and SharePoint.
Experience (years and type): Career-Development position within the field. Typically requires four to five years' experience or equivalent education.
Competencies: Strong interpersonal, customer service, and training skills. Ability to manage client expectations in a project environment. Excellent trouble-shooting and organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
Travel: Up to 75%
This company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, our Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.