Technical Content Editor
Ping Identity | Knowledge Management (4100) | Denver, CO
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
Ping Identity Knowledge Management is looking for an Associate Technical Content Editor to join our Content Development team and help ensure that our technical content conforms to company style and engages the user. The ideal candidate will bring passion, creativity, and drive to a thriving content development group that values teamwork, collaboration, technical prowess, and attention to detail.
- Review content from technical writers and other technical stakeholders to ensure it conforms to company style and engages the user
- Ensure DITA and Markdown content conforms to company practice
- Contribute to maintaining editorial calendars
- Collaborate with other members of the Content Development team to define, refine, and maintain content guidelines and best practices
Work with Content Operations to publish technical content
Required skills and experience:
- Basic computer skills, including the ability to install and configure software
- Excellent written and verbal English-language communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, with an eye for improving existing work
- Self-starter, independent, fast learner, can-do attitude, and great interpersonal skills
- Experience following a style guide such as MLA or AP, or a similar formal writing standard
- Technical writing or editing certification or a degree in English, journalism, computer science, or a related field
Desired skills and experience:
- Familiarity with DITA or Markdown or both
- Familiarity with minimalism
- Experience using an XML editor such as Oxygen
- Experience with Jira and Salesforce
Experience with source control and/or content management systems