Senior Product Marketing Manager
Numerator | Marketing | San Francisco, CA
• Customers with clear, compelling information on products
• Sales with the required positioning, training, sales tools and customer tools
• Marketing with information on our products and product-related materials to support our integrated marketing plans
• Product teams with partnership on developing product positioning, communications and program materials
• Develop product messaging that differentiates new products from others in the market
• Plan and take part in the launch of new products, working with product management and other departments in such launches
• Create product content such as case studies, videos, website copy and blog posts
• Create customer-specific product content as needed / resource-dependent
• Communicate the value of new products to the sales team and develop sales tools that facilitate the selling process
• Brief other marketing teams on product development and new products
• Own existing customer communication (e.g., for new features/functions, sunsetting, etc.) and partner with customer success on training as needed
• Gain insight into customer use of current products, untapped opportunities and buyer personas – working with product management and through analysis of research, sales data, product usage, etc.
• Do primary research on competitor messaging and work with product management to understand competitive product and service offerings, acting as needed
• Optimize the buyer journey as it relates to product feature adoption and usage
• Speak and present about products to external and internal audiences as required
• Support new product testing
• Manage external product perception e.g., in product review forums (G2Crowd)
• Collaborative skills: As a product marketing manager you will have to work with teams across your organization. This will often include the sales and marketing department, the engineering department, product management, press and PR and senior executives. New product launches are inherently ‘cross functional’ and entail coordinating the work of many different people.
• Communication skills: Both speaking and writing abilities have to be tapped in this role. You will frequently have to present about new products and write engaging copy, telling the ‘story’ of products, for various marketing channels.
• Research skills: A crucial part of being a product marketing manager is gaining insight into customer needs and experiences. Analysis of data, surveys and customer interviews will be part of this mix and you need to be well acquainted with these techniques.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- A minimum of 7 years experience in product marketing, digital marketing and / or product management.
- Demonstrated expertise working with syndicated and custom market research data – our SaaS platforms all deliver data feeds directly to our client, you’ve got to be comfortable with that.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. We write a lot, we talk a lot, we present a lot. Comfort speaking in front of groups – both internally and externally – is preferred.
- Proficiency in content management systems. You will need to build product pages, optimize the conversion paths on those pages, and optimize for lead-generation.
- Familiarity with the principles of design thinking, and how to create an emotional impact with audiences.
- Managing cross-departmental projects, from team coordination to being a willing decision-maker to keep projects moving forward.
- Experience with WordPress & Drupal, Adobe Suite, Salesforce, and Marketo is a big plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.