Regional Director, Human Resources
PowerSchool | G&A | Bengaluru, Karnataka
The Regional Director, Talent is responsible for the overall management and success of the Talent function in a select region or geography. The Regional Director will partner with the Talent Leadership Team in providing local management of functional staff and successfully administer corporate Talent projects, processes and initiatives while maintaining required regional differences. The Regional Director, Talent will liaison with the Country/Region manager to ensure localized business directives related to Talent are achieved. This includes being responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in organizational business units. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues. Communicating needs proactively with the Talent Leadership Team and regional business management and seeks to develop integrated solutions. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Lead and direct the local cross functional Talent team.
· In coordination with other members of the Talent Leadership team, successfully administer corporate level talent programs and systems.
· Establish localized Talent staff objectives; track team’s progress.
· Works directly with regional senior leadership and department managers to assist in carrying out responsibilities on personnel matters.
· Annually reviews and makes recommendations to Vice President for improvement of the organization's policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
· Maintains knowledge of regional trends and employment legislation and ensures organization's compliance.
· Communicates changes in the organization's personnel policies and procedures and ensures that proper compliance is followed.
· Assists leadership in ongoing performance management, annual review, preparation and administration of the organization's wage and salary program.
· Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the Vice President, on personnel matters.
· Recommends, evaluates and participates in staff development for the organization.
· Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
· Participates on committees and special projects and seeks additional responsibilities.
· Provide professional expertise and support in the design, development and implementation of the talent review process that is required to achieve business goals and results in the creation of an internal bench of top talent.
· Collect, analyse and maintain data gathered to inform targeted leadership development.
· Assist in the development, initiation of effective programs for workforce retention, promotion and succession planning.
· Manage the maintenance and execution of the performance management system, including current job descriptions, standards of performance and performance evaluation instruments.
· Supports the activities involved in mergers and/or acquisitions, including due diligence, communication and employee integration.
· Ensure that organization-wide talent initiatives are focused and aligned on improving operational and program efficiencies and effectiveness from a regional perspective.
· Work closely with Talent Operations team to collect and coordinate aggregate data for talent pool and translate those data into insights through data analysis that drives deliberate action plans at the appropriate levels.
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- 17+ years of cross functional HR experience.
- Proven experience working with globally dispersed teams; those headquartered in the US preferred.
- Demonstrated success in partnering with senior level business management.
· Experience designing, developing and supporting organization-wide talent programs that cover recruitment, performance management, talent development, coaching, succession planning, data analytics and relationship management.
· Previous experience in capturing metrics and producing various employment reports.
· Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field.
· Proven success in the management of standard Talent related programs, processes and systems.