Associate Manager, Customer Success
Kazoo | Customer Service | Austin, TX
Overview of the role:
If you are talented, detail-oriented, passionate about technology and problem-solving, plus have a knack for building relationships with customers, then we want you to join Kazoo’s Customer Success team.
As an Associate Manager of Customer Success, you will become an expert in responding to inquiries related to all of Kazoo’s customers. You will be the liaison between the end user and multiple internal product groups including Customer Success, QA and Engineering. You will be responsible for relaying feedback regarding necessary improvements and changes. You should possess a thirst for data, and your decisions should be backed by said data. Further, you will also lead the Kazoo support team, mentoring and coaching the support specialists along the way.
The most successful candidates are those who thrive in an environment of constant change, are able to work proactively and independently to solve problems, and are extremely detail-oriented.
What awesome stuff you'll do:
- Develop best practices, combine processes and workflows, all while creating scalable efforts and efficiency.
- Have regular 1:1s with the support specialists and analysts, setting goals and helping them grow within the organization.
- Establish training and use support analytics to define opportunities for process and product improvement.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of the Kazoo product and features to provide world class Customer Support.
- Possess a sense of urgency and take ownership of resolving a user’s issue from start to end.
- Ability to think creatively and to use the resources available to you to troubleshoot difficult issues and communicate effectively to customers.
- Manage the Customer Success JIRA board and lead weekly JIRA meetings.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product & QA teams to implement changes via user feedback and complaints.
- Oversee the development of Customer Success metrics and dashboards, providing the organization visibility into day to day performance and customer satisfaction.
- Help develop the strategy around at-risk SMB accounts, utilizing Pendo to provide proactive reports to our Program Management team, leading to greater SMB engagement and renewals.
- Lead and Mentor the Customer Success Analyst to develop big-picture ideas, resulting in increased transparency into our customer experience and account health.
- Manage the reward vendor relationship, ensuring the CS team is up to date on all changes and work to improve the offering to our customers.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Minimum of two years of experience supporting a consumer-facing web company.
- Minimum of 1-2 years leading and growing a support team, managing metrics and support escalations.
- Experience telling a story through data, as well as presenting those stories to senior leaders.
- Collaborative problem solver, comfortable partnering with other leaders to develop a winning strategy.
- Passionate about being a voice for the user and naturally curious.
- Must be able to work with some ambiguity and motivated to find solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of customer support principles and practices.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional problem solving and follow-up skills.
- Self-starter who can prioritize workload.
- Must be extremely detail oriented.
- Experience with Freshdesk, Salesforce, Pendo and/or JIRA a plus.
- Experience with M&A a plus.