Sr. Software Engineer
Ping Identity | Product Development - IDaaS (5102) | Vancouver, British Columbia
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
What you'll do:
- Function as a solid individual contributor on a high-output agile, full-stack development team.
- Design and develop APIs and highly scalable microservices for a cloud-based identity and access management platform.
- Design and develop rich client applications, using ReactJS or AngularJS.
- Design, develop and maintain test automation assets in a continuous integration, continuous deployment environment.
- Communicate effectively within the team and with other distributed teams.
- Integrate with open source packages as needed to achieve functionality.
Actively support software quality engineering activities and testing.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- 5+ years experience in commercial, enterprise-level product environment.
- Exceptional problem solving skills. Loves finding the best solution.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Experience working with open source and open source tools.
- Expert knowledge of Java and practices in development.
- Experience with Spring Framework and REST API.
- Experience with nosql databases (Cassandra, ElastiCache).
- Experience with asynchronous messaging (ActiveMQ, Kafka, Zookeeper).
- Experience in UI development with ReactJS or AngularJS
- Experience in agile, iterative, RUP or XP environments.
- Experience in cloud-based architecture and API design.
- Experience rapidly deploying product features to production via CI/CD framework.
- Takes ownership of tasks and executes.
- Ability to create solutions via collaboration with peers.
- Shows attention to details.
- Self-motivated and works with minimal direction.
- Ability to learn quickly and independently in complex technical environment.
- Knowledge of cloud-based architecture and API implementation.
- Experience building applications to achieve high performance and scalability.
- Experience with identity management (OAuth 2.0, Active Directory, LDAP, SCIM, user provisioning) is an asset.
Experience with cloud development tools (Git, GitLab, Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, etc.).