Principal Engineer, QA
TIBCO | 63620 SnappyData R&D | Pune,
Project SnappyData/TIBCO ComputeDB is a new real-time analytics platform that combines probabilistic data structures, approximate query processing and in-memory distributed data management to deliver powerful analytic querying and alerting capabilities on Apache Spark at a fraction of the cost of traditional big data analytics platforms.
SnappyData fuses the Spark computational engine with a highly available, multi-tenanted in-memory database to execute OLAP and OLTP queries on streaming data. Further, SnappyData can store data in a variety of synopsis data structures to provide extremely fast responses on less resources. Finally, applications can either submit Spark programs or connect using JDBC/ODBC to run interactive or continuous SQL queries.
This is a senior role. The candidate is expected to drive the entire QA function. The candidate should understand all aspects of QA efforts viz functional, integration, regression, smoke, etc. Interest and idea in performance testing would be a plus. Constant effort to review and improve the process for better test coverage is required.
- Developing tests for new / existing features of the product.
- Review procedures and standards being used for maximum effectiveness.
- Writing/defining test cases as per feature requirements.
- Understanding the overall need in terms of test coverage of a distributed computing product.
- Understand training needs and growth path of the team.
- Ability to work in a supervisory role and as mentor to team members.