Senior Product Manager - Digital Shelf
Numerator | Product Management | Chicago, IL
The Product Manager will focus on developing the Digital Shelf product, our solution that provides our clients the data and visibility they need to optimize their presence in the digital store, exploit competitive opportunities (or fend off threats) and drive collaboration with their channel partners. You will be responsible for continued development of our Digital Shelf platform by conducting market research, gauging user feedback and needs, determining specifications for the product and managing the product roadmap to deliver updates and new features. This role will also require team management skills, a strong ability to communicate across different teams and clients and a focus on execution.
User Research & Customer Needs - You should be able to understand user's needs to enhance or develop new features. You will independently conduct market research to identify the current landscape and gaps in a user's work flow, validate product ideas and understand if product ideas will address market needs.
Roadmap & Planning - Define the Digital Shelf product roadmap & communicate the roadmap to stakeholders. Work with Services and Client Users to identify and prioritize product roadmap items. Work with multiple teams (e.g. Data Sources, Data Analytics) to implement new features.
Design & Development - Create user stories that address user's workflow and interaction with the product. Collaborate with the Design team to develop mockups and prototypes. Develop functional specs and collaborate with engineers to explain the spec, test them out and iterate on newly built features before launch.
Data Analysis - The Digital Shelf platform is a business intelligence tool and our users are data savvy. We expect our Product Managers to be able to analyze data and make sense of it. Whether its usage data on our platform or getting into some of the analysis that runs our Digital Shelf product.
Managing Product Launches - The Digital Shelf product is constantly evolving and some of our features need careful execution and planning across multiple teams. This role will require meticulous planning, planning for contingencies and being able to communicate clearly for successful product launches and adoption.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (preferred) in Computer Science
- 7+ years of experience in a Product Management or Agile Development role
- Ability to establish credibility with engineers
- Glean customer insights from quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Take action and hands-on experience in delivering business results
- Excellent communication skills - be able to present to customers and internal audiences
- Prior experience with shipping features on aggressive timelines
- Prior experience developing wireframes and product specs
- Prior experience with B2B product management is a plus
- Prior experience in the CPG industry, market research or with panel data is a plus
- Be comfortable with excel; SQL is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.