Ping Identity | Training (4120) | Austin, TX
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
The Instructional Designer is responsible for creating content and managing production of eLearning, instructor-led, and blended training content from start to finish. Our team is on the front lines for several high-profile initiatives to enable our partners, educate customers, and train an industry about Ping Identity's solutions for identity and access management. We're looking for someone who has a passion for creating innovative technical training and is looking for an opportunity to join a team working to take technical training to the next level.
Specific duties include:
- Define relevant learning and certification objectives based on learner job task needs
- Identify course content scope based on learning and certification objectives
- Design online labs by identifying required features, writing scenarios and feedback, and creating lab configurations
- Assist with the design of technical certification programs
- Perform and review audio and video editing work
- Create and edit course content for both instructor-led training and eLearning content
- Write practice test questions based on the content scope and matching the style and difficulty of certification exams
- Review and edit the work of writers and SMEs
- Assemble all components into the finished product, ensuring the final product meets all objectives
- Occasional travel for course delivery or observation may be required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in instructional design
- Master's in Instructional Design, or a bachelor’s degree and 2 years’ experience in building technical courses
- Strong writing skills
- Proven ability to apply instructional design techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning theory
- The ability to learn new technologies in order to develop training content
- The ability to set and meet deadlines
- The ability to work independently and direct the work of others, prioritizing work activities and ensuring quality and standards are met
Desired qualifications or experience:
- Identity and Access Management, database, networking, or programming background
- Experience in creating IT certifications and exam creation
- Project management experience
- Experience creating training content for SaaS products
- Knowledge of Adobe Captivate or other eLearning tools