Software Engineer Site Lead
Numerator | Engineering | Pune, Maharashtra
The ideal candidate is somebody who is capable of building a team from the ground up, knows what good software development looks like, is comfortable having a supervisor who is overseas and understands what best in class looks like in terms of plugging into existing global processes. The person who fills this role will have managed a workforce of 50+ product and technical resources and been part of a global operating footprint. The role is in Pune, India and reports to the EVP, Engineering, though other relationships (SVP, Product and EVP, Operations) will be important as well.
A typical week would be to participate in our global Product Leadership Team meeting, check-in with the team leads on progress against stated objectives, understanding the current candidate flow for open roles, facilitating process improvement suggestions for software development and reviewing and reporting against critical metrics that support the company’s MBOs. There will be coordination needed for global meetings around the strategy of the products on which the site is working and interacting with local & remote product managers, services personnel and clients in regards to key issues and opportunities. Numerator is early in the process of building a connected global workforce so an opportunity to shape what good looks like in terms of norms and tools for agile development with a dedicated center of excellence. Recruiting & mentoring will be a constantly top of mind as we want to find and maintain a world class engineering team. A candidate should be able to navigate a JIRA board with developers and feel comfortable being asked to weigh in on senior level architecture opinions. The role does not own this on a day to day but credibility with line staff as “having done it before” is critical to Numerator culture.
The role will provide the opportunity to build a team and culture from the ground up and establish a cross-functional organization that demonstrates best-in-class capabilities to the rest of the organization.
● A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
● 10+ years of experience working in the technology industry
● Experience in the technology field at the leadership level
● Operational, budget and headcount planning
● Agile software or scrum experience and modern SDLC
● Knowledge of cloud architecture patterns & best practices, ideally AWS
● Understanding of the benefits of continuous integration & unit testing mentality
● Background in data / analytics is preferred but not required
● Experience closing candidates in a recruiting life-cycle
● Strong organizational skills are required
● Strong Excel skills & business modeling
● Excellent written and oral communication
What we look for:
● Experience in SaaS and / or Analytics companies
● Experience in engineering delivery in the context of a global footprint with commercial focus in North America
● Extensive knowledge of software development best practices and demonstrated change management projects to improve processes
● Strong leadership and communication skills – willing to do the right thing and advocate for the site
● Ability to forge strong relationships with business partners at all levels of the organization
● Humble, roll up the sleeves approach with strong & inspiring executive presence
● Comfort working under pressured, time-sensitive, and dynamic situations – there is always some ambiguity about the path forward
● Demonstrated examples of leadership and ability to influence within a complex, global organizational environment
● Demonstration of mentorship of junior staff upward in their career.
● Experience of managing teams who have SLAs on uptime & quality standard for client facing application systems
Exceptional candidates will have:
● 3+ years as a Site Lead or Functional Lead role
● A Master’s degree in Engineering or business MBA
● Experience in Analytics and/or CPG & Retail
● Experience leading Development teams in a Design Thinking oriented organization
● Global experience (may have run team(s) outside of India)
● P&L or budget responsibility for a team of scale
● Previously held an architecture or data governance role in addition to direct management
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.