Research Analyst, Industry Insights and Competitive Analysis
EagleView | Marketing | Bengaluru, Karnataka
EagleView is transforming the way companies use the data about the physical world in which they operate, by delivering more accuracy and context in a constantly changing world. EagleView combines imagery that reveals the finest and most important details with computer vision to help companies gain actionable insights into any location—from anywhere. By delivering timely comprehensive answers to complex questions, EagleView helps professionals across different industries improve people’s lives and make informed decisions for the present and future.
As the company looks to maintain and grow its position in the marketplace, the Marketing organization is looking for an analytical and energetic self-starter who is passionate about understanding trends shaping the industries we serve and how the competitive landscape is evolving.
In this role as Research Analyst, you will work closely with Product Marketing and Product Management, to conduct research projects and ongoing competitive analysis. You will develop a deep understanding of the key industries EagleView serves and derive the user and buyer insights to inform marketing strategies, product positioning and messaging. You will track competing providers and assess their product functionality and positioning to inform product roadmap and GTM execution.
This is an ideal role for someone who wants to apply their analytical expertise to a commercial setting and influence business outcomes.
- Proactively identify industry market trends and buyer and customer behaviors to uncover the corresponding challenges and opportunities they represent to EagleView’s strategy
- Work closely with the Product Marketing team to develop research objectives, write research briefs, select methodologies, author and program questionnaires, write discussion guides, project manage research projects, provide reporting, and present findings to stakeholders.
- Analyze, interpret and synthesize data from primary and secondary research sources.
- Formulate actionable findings from research and clearly express recommendations orally, in writing, and through insightful illustrations.
- Track key competitors and update competitive dashboards.
- Oversee the market research repository and track access, downloads.
- Engage quickly on reactive research asks in preparation for executive reviews and sales meetings.
You’re our ideal candidate if you are…
- Intellectually curious and analytical– You have a good balance of business, technology, and market knowledge and can quickly analyze a situation and ask the right questions.
- Goal-oriented and tenacious– You’re self-motivated and structured in how you tackle and bring projects to a close. You enjoy the challenge of figuring out creative solutions to problems.
- A good communicator and collaborator– You’re proactive and clear in your communications to a variety of audiences. You’re a team player who appreciates collaborating with a variety of functions with different perspectives. You enjoy “bringing it all together”.
- A multi-tasker– You can prioritize activities and deliverables, manage multiple projects effectively and drive them to completion with a focus on producing measurable results
- Able to deal with ambiguity– You can be flexible and agile to adjust plans and strategy and apply new learning.
- A big picture thinker – You can think strategically about a portfolio of solutions and contribute to broader product and go-to-market strategy for a product family.
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or a related field required; MBA preferred.
- The successful candidate will have 3+ years of marketing research experience preferably in technology.
- Understanding of various qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
- Proven data gathering, analytical and synthesis skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.