Senior Software Engineer
PowerSchool | R&D | Bengaluru, Karnataka
The Consultant/Configuration will provide the configuration for state models, including state reporting for the PowerSchool special education software. The will also provide level 2 support for the special education system for the PowerSchool clients on special education state model issues. The Consultant/Configuration Specialist will need to become intimately familiar with the data dictionary, implement the business rules, and customize the look and feel for usability of the PowerSchool Special Education software. If related to the configuration, this person will also make corrections to the configuration.
This role is responsible for the following activities:
- Collaborate with product managers, functional lead, and other configuration staff to define best configuration approach
- Collaborate with system administrators and product managers to map business processes to Power School special education relational database design, documents, reports and workflows.
- Establish document templates and section templates for various federal, state, and local forms
- Integrate Power School special education with other systems using systems integration techniques (data and security).
- Configure system and template security
- Resolve issues identified during testing including user acceptance testing
- Deploy, manage, and promote configured documents/reports to various environments
- Make minor adjustments to documents/reports based on end-user feedback during evaluation period
- Provide administrative support to project work stream
Expected Performance Goals:
- Perform overall configuration of PowerSchool Special Education for various state systems
- Contribute to the profitability of the business.
- Provide assigned level 2 support.
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Provide technical assistance to other members