Director, Software Engineering
PowerSchool | R&D
You will lead a group of software development managers and development teams responsible for delivering rich and engaging experiences that empower our customers to capture and share knowledge, communicate, learn new skills, and grow their careers. The team’s overall goal will be to ensure successful delivery of features in an agile environment while safeguarding the high quality our customers expect from Powerschool applications.
We are looking for a Director who can lead and who is constantly innovating and evolving to build the next generation of our ERP Applications.
About the Role
As the Director of Software Development Engineering for ERP Products in Bangalore, you would:
- Initially lead a minimum of 7 agile software development teams to build and maintain Powerschool ERP products
- Ensure work is planned, estimated, scheduled and delivered on-time with high quality
- Understand the business strategy and goals, translating those into actionable objectives and key results
- Have a business mindset, be pragmatic and know what to balance to get software delivered with the most impact on time
- Accountable for maintaining a high standard of product quality and code health, leveraging key stakeholders as required
- Have impressive communication and collaborative skills to manage and oversee projects with cross functional teams across the business and geographies
- Be a great networker, forming trusting relationships in Bangalore, Bethlehem (Pennsylvania) and Folsom (California) with our stakeholders and customers
- Be an ambassador for our culture, where employees and customers come first and acting with integrity
- Empower your teams, motivating and making your teams and people successful
- Assist direct reports with career growth and personal development
- Work closely with Product Management to ensure successful delivery of product scope
- Experience with Enterprise Financial and/or HR Products and systems
- Hands on product engineering experience with one or more of the following ERP modules
- GL (General Ledger), Accounts Payable(AP), Payroll, Core Finance (Purchase Orders, Purchase Requisitions, Invoice), Receiving, Vendor Management, Contract Management
- 8+ years managing multiple technical development teams and managers, including remote teams
- 15+ years of overall Product Development Experience that spans Engineering and Management
- You care deeply about culture and foster collaborative, inclusive teams in which people are empowered to do their best work
- You have built and managed high performing engineering teams and hired top class engineers and senior managers
- Demonstrated ability to attract/recruit/retain external talent and be a coach and employee champion.
- Good understanding of all aspects of software engineering, including coding, architecture, testing and the relevant trade-offs required for decision making.
- Experience with managing the day-to-day activities of an engineering team using Agile/Scrum processes and a deep understanding of how Agile/Scrum teams deliver on shared commitments.
- You have delivered software in a SaaS environment and at scale and understand the tradeoffs between new innovation projects and projects running at scale
- High level of energy, ability to manage and gain respect among peers, team and other stakeholders; be a charismatic motivator and thought leader in the organization.
- Entrepreneurial, strategic thinker with the ability to move and act at the operational and tactical levels when required.
- Superior organizational and planning skills, written/verbal presentation, and the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, in large and small groups.
- Ability to operate both strategically and tactically, engaging with executive stakeholders, driving vision for the ERP Products, and leading your own teams
- BS in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience