Motion Graphics Designer
Granicus | Marketing | Washington, DC
GovLoop's mission is simple: connect government to improve government. We aim to inspire public sector professionals to better service by acting as the knowledge network for government. GovLoop serves a community of more than 300,000 government leaders by helping them to foster collaboration, learn from each other, solve problems and advance in their government careers. The GovLoop community has been widely recognized across the public sector -- federal, state local, industry and academia -- as a leading site for addressing public sector issues.
We’re looking for a strong motion graphics designer to join our team in making videos, animated online learning courses, and more.
What You'll Do:
- Give creative direction for e-learning/interactive media
- Conceptualize and brainstorm concepts for e-learning courses
- Design templates, storyboards and other assets for animation
- Animate in Adobe After Effects
- Incorporate changes/edits recommended by the clients into the final animation
- Create videos, gifs and other assets to promote and show at our annual NextGen training summit
Who You Are:
- You have 2-5 years of experience working in animation and interactive design
- Preferred degree in motion graphics design, audio/film production, or graphic/web design, but will consider other degrees with relevant experience
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere, Audition).
- Experience/familiarity with audio/video exporting best practices
- Thorough understanding of pacing and animation principles
- Thorough understanding of graphic design and typography
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and a range of tasks
- Ability to collaborate in a creative team environment
Bonus: Experience in Cinema 4D/3D modeling applications
Bonus: Experience in editing/recording video and audio for instructional design/promotional materials and voiceover
An up-to-date portfolio or reel is required. Please include a link in your resume or cover letter.
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.