Senior MySQL DBA
KIBO | Product Development | Austin, TX
At Kibo, we provide cloud commerce solutions inspired by our clients' needs and designed to empower their teams. Together, we can help them see further, think bigger, and climb higher.
Our software and services include eCommerce, Order Management, Personalization, and Mobile Point-of-Commerce. We serve retailers, manufacturers, and brands, and our solutions are designed to power the shopping experience – from first click to doorstep – and to scale with them as their business grows.
Kibo is looking for a Senior DBA to help maintain, monitor and manage our MySQL databases. This includes overseeing the performance, availability, implementation, enhancements, architecture, and security in a production environment. This role will have direct oversight and influence on several key project and initiatives for our database team.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide support for large scale MySQL instances across production and development environments
- Serve in an on-call rotation as an escalation contact for critical production issues
- Focus on automation to improve availability and scalability in our production environments.
- Proactively and reactively resolve database performance and capacity issues, including managing indexes, trace data, audits, and alerting
- Creates and Maintains Tables, Views, Triggers, Functions and Stored Procedures
- Troubleshooting performance and availability issues related to MySQL
- Assist in applying software patches and fixes
- Continuously monitor databases, enhance database performance, and ensure that the databases are running at the optimum speed
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and others
- 5+ years of DBA experience in a production environment with MySQL
- Strong proficiency in MySQL database management
- Excellent written, oral, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with AWS/Cloud Hosting Technology
- Experience in a Software as a Service 7x24x365 environment including on-call rotation.
- Production and maintenance of high-quality operational documentation.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a closely related field preferred
- Team lead or team mentorship experience is preferred
- Experience with PostgresSQL (huge plus)
- Experience with AWS RDS