Senior Manager, IT Procurement
MINDBODY | Information Technology | Scottsdale, AZ
As the Senior Manager, Procurement, you will develop overall strategy for a product/service category and researches new product or service offerings in the category to drive sales and achieve targets. The Senior Manager will ensure the management of inventory levels to ensure continuity of supply. Leads the day to day activities that provide category insights and proposals by analyzing the current needs of the business. The Senior Manager works closely with business stake holders to determine optimal demand planning requirements to influence buying habits and planograms of products to promote sales opportunities. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. May give input into developing the budget. Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Supply Chain required
- US Citizenship is required
- 8 - 10 years of relevant experience in Material Planning and Inventory Management
- Subject matter expert on the 7 Step Sourcing Process
- 5 years of Managerial experience
- Previous experience of Material Planning and Inventory Management
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving both domestically and internationally carriers
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Experience working with a global supply chain base
- Relationship builder - Ability to cultivate strong cross functional relationships and communicate effectively with team members and business partners
- Innovation - Enthusiasm for improving and enhancing systems and workflows (learn the existing process and then build/challenge it to better scale for growth while providing meaningful reporting to our business partners)
- skills, good team player
- Strategic thinker
- Solid problem-solving capabilities
- Experience providing project leadership and effectively managing projects
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain Inventory, keeping track of inventory in house and production schedules
- Communicate status of incoming material with Sales/Accounting
- Develop detailed base-line market cost/benchmarking and spend analytics.
- Negotiate product pricing and contractual terms and conditions.
- Assist legal in establishing standardized and comprehensive contract management packages that comply with the legal department’s risk management practices and policies.
- Leading continuous improvement initiatives for the category, including supplier performance management (scorecards) and optimization efforts
- Identify, evaluate, and select vendors to meet internal business needs.
- Managing sourcing processes and completing necessary documentation (RFx)
- Conduct vendor capability and suitability assessments and evaluations.
- Solicit formal and informal bids for requested services, taking into account price, terms, delivery, compatibility, total cost, and contractor’s ability to meet its responsibilities.
- Develop total cost of ownership analyses.
- Lead supplier escalation processes and supplier relationship management/issue resolution.
- Drive implementation planning and execution for identified purchasing opportunities within new or existing suppliers and solutions.
- Develop and maintaining category strategy, plans, and operating procedures.
- Develop and deliver PowerPoint presentations for executive-level readouts.
- Facilitate meetings and presentations to senior leadership. .
- Identify and initiate change management opportunities and developing recommendations.
- Project/program management of special projects within the category.