Security Operations Engineer I
Jamf | 410 - Cloud Operations
Who we are:
Jamf, the standard for Apple in the enterprise, extends the legendary Apple experience people love to businesses, schools, and government organizations. After watching hundreds of users struggle to deploy, update, and secure Apple computers, iPads, and iPhones in business and in the classroom, we knew there had to be a better way to handle such pesky IT functions. Removing the barriers of technology and empowering doctors to treat patients, teachers to teach, and businesses to thrive.
Today, more than 34,000 customers from more than 150 countries rely on Jamf to help them succeed with Apple. We don’t say we are the best, but we strive to be the best. We are a group of curious, self-starters with a passion for making people’s lives easier, paving the way for a better Apple experience in government organizations, hospitals, businesses, and schools.
What you’ll do at Jamf:
At Jamf, we empower people to be their best selves and do their best work. The Security Operations Engineer will work with the Cloud and Delivery team to continue to build, automate and maintain cloud security services. You will be responsible for Security Design and Architecture, Log Collection, Security Incident Management, Identity and Access Management, Vulnerability and Patch management. You will be responsible for maintaining operation of the environment in accordance with our service level agreements and providing support to both our staff and customers. You will participate in serving the needs of our Japanese Sales Team Security questions which would include participating in Sales client engagement meetings that may involve travel to the customers premise.
- Manages identity and access control in the cloud environment.
- Responsible for the tools, configuration, administration and related processes around our log file collection and monitoring.
- Provides the framework, processes and execution to ensure support of Jamfs data leakage prevention
- Responsible for Web application firewall and related prevention, detection and mitigation of DDoS attack
- Vulnerability Management: Accountable for the prevention, detection and mitigation of vulnerabilities through industry standard tools, configuration, administration and internal procedures
- Patch Management: Works collaboratively with other Operations team members to plan and orchestrate patching of our services
- Performs regular firewall audits in line with our procedures. Provides the appropriate documentation, supporting evidence and follow up on identified issues requiring remediation
- Responsible for tooling, processes and follow up actions related to our external port scanning needs and practices
- Handles the identification, planning and implementation of any server hardening needs. Works collaboratively with Operations and other internal teams to communicate, document and implement
- Performs security incident analysis, response and remediation
- Participates in design and implementation of security automation workflows
- Assist the Japan Sales and Support staff with requests for Jamf Cloud security and compliance information from external parties
- Participate in onsite or remote Client Engagement meetings organised and conducted by the Japan and APAC Sales Teams
- Helps manage security data reporting and visualization platform
- Maintain the Online Services wiki and technical documentation of processes and procedures
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
- Perform scripting duties in BASH and Python
- Maintain an advanced level of knowledge of Jamf Cloud Services and related products
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core values, mission and purpose of the organization
- Adheres to the highest moral, ethical and legal standards to deliver an environment that promotes respect, innovation and creativity
- Supports and promotes a positive, inclusive workplace one in which the talents and strengths of our increasingly diverse workforce are welcomed, further developed and manifested in our work
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree (Preferred); a combination of relevant experience and education may be considered
- Any of the following are helpful: RHCE (Red Hat Certified Engineer), AWS Solutions Architect Associate, AWS Certified Developer Associate, AWS Certified Associate SysOps Administrator, AWS Certified Security Specialist (Preferred)
- 0 - 2 years Linux command line interface knowledge (Required)
- 0 - 2 years IT security principles, security operations, techniques, and technologies (Required)
- < 2 years of experience with Amazon Web Services (Preferred)
- Strong Communication Skills
- Proven Analytical Skills
- Ability to interact effectively with co-workers in a results driven culture
- Good Listening Skills
- Ability to engage with and establish trust and rapport with all levels of customers and employees
- Solution focused ability working collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge in various operating systems; Windows server, Linux, Max OS X
- Fluent English language written and verbal communication skills and comprehension
How we help you reach your best potential:
- Be your own self-starter. We support each other no doubt, but we thrive taking initiative and are empowered to roll up our sleeves, dig in, and push forward.
- Our people are what make us great, and we protect our people. Jamfs across the globe receive a superior compensation and benefits package.
- Everyone has a voice and everyone can make a difference, our more than 90% employee retention rate agrees!
- Opportunity to make a real and meaningful impact for more than 34,000 global customers with the best Apple Device Management solution in the world
- We put people over profits – which is why our customers keep coming back to us at a 96% customer retention rate
- We embrace all perspectives. Our employee led I&D groups encourage employees to make real, actionable differences here at Jamf.
- 20 of the Top 25 Fortune 500 companies rely on Jamf to do their best work.
- Opportunity to make a real and meaningful impact for people by constantly building and improving the best Apple enterprise solution in the world.
- Best – in – class training in professional growth and product knowledge.
You are the right kind of Jamf if:
You go above and beyond for others, genuine and willing to help, always. You support the team around you, you don’t point fingers or pass blame. You take responsibility for your actions, are open, and respect others. You value different perspectives, in how you work and how you learn. You are naturally inquisitive, like to create and be creative. You are a problem solver, curious and resourceful, self-driven and constantly improving. You roll up your sleeves and dig in. You are excited by not knowing what may lie ahead. You are willing to take risks, try new things, even fail just to do it better next time. You’re not a jerk. You put people first. You are a good person, someone who just wants to do the right thing.
Our mission is simple; we help organizations succeed with Apple. At Jamf, we put people first. We focus on the human before we focus on the technology. We are just good people that have it in their gut to do what’s right – for our customers, our employees, and our communities.