Systems Administrator III
CentralSquare Technologies | Cloud
TheApplications Systems Administrator role is an intermediary between the purelyinfrastructure components and the purely application support roles. As such,the position includes responsibilities that touch both of these areas.Applications Systems Administrators routinely work hand in hand withInfrastructure, Product Support, Install, and Development. A typical day may include applicationdeployment, Operating System/Citrix/Network troubleshooting, Configuring ActiveDirectory/Share/NTFS permissions, as well as Triage incoming issues for routingto the appropriate personnel.
Asa level III administrator the candidate is expected to leverage technicalexpertise and strong communication skills to resolve escalated issues and toguide junior administrators.
Thiswill require after-normal-business hours support, occasional weekend work, andwill require being part of the technical 24/7 on-call rotation. Availability to work a flexible scheduleoccasionally to meet customer and project needs is required.
- Service-oriented mentality.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- High sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned.
- Focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs.
- Strong communicator. Establish and maintain communications with customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, influence customers, and successfully set their expectations. Has well developed listening skills.
- Able to resolve basic and intermediate issues within CentralSquare application, servers, and network, independently. Proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
- Able to perform root cause analysis of problems.
- Able to maintain effective team relationships through appropriate communications skills, participation in team discussions, and assisting other team members with resolving issues or completing projects.
- Well established documentation skills.
- Strong working knowledge of basic network troubleshooting: verifying open ports, testing routes and connectivity, etc.
- Intermediate to high level of experience with installing, updating, and supporting operating systems such as Windows Server and HP-UX.
- Intermediate level of experience with backups, restore and recovery models.
- Intermediate to high level of experience working in a VMware production environment.
- Active Directory (Trusts, User/Group admin and design) and proper disk configurations.
- SAN operations and usage.
- Citrix XenApp / Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops experience a big plus.
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Certification is a plus; Microsoft - MTA, MCSA, MCSE; CompTIA - A+, Network+, Cloud+; GIAC – GISF, GCUX, GCWN, GSEC
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related fields or equivalent years of work experience required.
- 5 years work experience in a production environment
- Ability to travel (expect less than 15%) to client sites and/or conferences.
- Have a cell phone and be willing to share cell phone number with coworkers.
- When working remotely or on-call, have Internet access and be able to respond quickly while on-call.
- Work directly with customers both during normal business hours and during on-call rotation.