CentralSquare Technologies | User Experience | Lake Mary, FL
This position can be located at our Lake Mary FL, Greensboro NC, or Wilmington NC. Will also consider REMOTE candidates located in the US.
CentralSquare is looking for a Senior UX researcher to own the user research efforts across our suite of products as we shape the future of public safety and administration software. This individual will work directly with customers in the field to validate assumptions and design solutions. They’ll collaborate within cross-functional teams and provide meaningful insights to deliver solutions that meet our customers’ unique needs and expectations. This role will be an evangelist for user research and data-driven design throughout the organization as we work to deliver industry-leading user experiences to our customers and the communities they serve.
- Own the research process by leading all aspects of research engagements
- Plan, conduct, analyze and report on empirical research methods such as onsite and remote usability studies, user interviews, card sorting, focus groups, surveys, and contextual inquiries
- Work with customers to create and manage user research participant groups
- Lead initiatives to gather and analyze quantitative data on user activity to help promote data-driven design efforts
- Communicate user behaviors and insights in compelling ways, focusing on actionable recommendations for cross-functional teams
- Report on high-level insights and trends to stakeholders and executive leadership
- Organize and manage a highly accessible user research library to provide meaningful transparency into user research activities and insights
- Drive innovation by using insights gained through research to generate new ideas
- Develop a deep understanding and passion for the Public Safety and Public Administration domains
- 5+ years of experience as a UX researcher, preferably in an enterprise software environment
- Experience with various qualitative and quantitative research methodologies such as usability studies, generative research, ethnography, contextual interviews, and surveys
- Formal education and deep understanding of experimental design concepts (e.g., bias, independent/dependent variables, comparison testing, ethics)
- Expert familiarity with user research tools such as UXPin, Survey Monkey, BI tools, Camtasia/Silverback, etc.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Self-starter; needs little guidance
- Proven communication and organization skills
- Ability to adapt in a fast-moving environment