Sr. Cloud Engineer
EagleView | Engineering & IT | Rochester, NY
We are current looking for a Sr. Cloud Engineer to join our CloudOps/DevOps team. As a senior member of our Cloud Operations team you will be responsible for the development of EagleView’s distributed processing platform. You are able to take advantage of your experience in the cloud in order to contribute and provide guidance to our engineering teams as they continue to create new applications and services. This includes the adoption of cloud native services, application of distributed processing design patterns, and the implementation of fully automated CI/CD pipelines. You will also assist with development and configuration of services to improve the operational stability and observability of EagleView’s systems and software.
Our ideal candidate is one who is passionate about their career and has proven success with what they do. As a member of an agile team, you’ll participate in all aspects of software development lifecycle. You must be able to work well in a highly collaborative setting and have the mindset for finding creative and innovative solutions to the complex challenges facing our team. The person hired will have the opportunity to work closely with our machine learning technologies, image and geospatial data while developing and maintaining a scalable computing system.
- Develop and maintain a complex AWS based0-cloud-based distributed computing system which supports EagleView’s development environments as well as our customer facing products.
- Assist with the application of best practices around CI/CD processes in the cloud. Including provisioning through IaC, and container orchestration.
- Implement solutions to help support and provide insight into the operational status and efficiency of EagleView systems.
- Manage all infrastructure and configuration as well as ensuring systems & services are leveraging best practices & standards. Train & mentor other engineers to expand their expertise and improve the capabilities of the team.
- Professional experience in developing and maintaining distributed applications.
- Participate in an oncall rotation supporting EagleView’s production and development environments
- Graduate or Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering.
- You have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience building and maintaining infrastructure in the cloud using service providers such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud. (AWS services currently used include EC2, ELB, ECS, VPC, IAM, RDS, Kinesis, Lambda, CloudWatch, CloudFormation)
- Experience with pipeline tools such as GitHub, Puppet, Jenkins, and Artifactory. Possess an industrious mentality, accountability and strong verbal/written communication, documentation, and collaboration skills. Excited to collaborate with a team in a fast-paced environment to develop and enhance amazing platforms and services
- At least 2 year of experience with container-based development and orchestration platforms. (Kubernetes, ECS, Docker Swarm)
- You have deep knowledge of RESTful APIs and development patterns associated.
- You have familiarity with common large scale data storage systems and data warehouses. (Hadoop, S3, Azure Block Storage, Redshift etc.)
- You have Object oriented programming experience (C++, Python, Java) with good software development practices
- You are fluent in Linux operating systems
- You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- You know the "how" is as important as the "what" and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
- You're able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You're adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts. What to Expect We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
EagleView® offers competitive pay and robust benefit plans along with the opportunity to grow your career in a fast-paced, fun and casual environment.
EagleView and its subsidiaries are committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.