Manager, Site Reliability
Vertafore | Development
Site Reliability Manager (SRM)
We are looking for a highly passionate, hands-on leader in delivering reliable and sustainable solutions to our customers. The successful candidate will manage the Site Reliability Engineering team that is very fast-paced and highly capable of support, debug, code, and automate solutions. This position reports up to the director of the development organization.
- Mentor and empower Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) to deliver sound solutions for our customers. The team responsibility includes correct or debugs application configurations, codes, database queries, data changes, and systems setup. Coach team on software engineering and troubleshooting best practices.
- Build the team as the subject matter expert of applications, underlying architecture, and data relationships.
- Coach the team in software engineering and troubleshooting best practices.
- As the point of contact for Customer Support for incident escalations to the development organization.
- Collaborate with development and product management for long term solutions to improve the agility and scalability of products and environments.
- Identify opportunities for automation that will improve the usability of products for internal or external users.
- Assure the team creates and maintains runbooks that outlined product information and support procedures.
- Lead development of dashboards to measure product stability, usability, and team performance.
- Participate or lead in assigned projects.
- Coordinate deployment of product hotfixes.
- Hands-on software development and support as required.
- Communicate solutions effectively to technical and non-technical teams.
- Comply with standard processes and security policies when implementing solutions.
- Be available as required to respond to the emergency escalations after business hours.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or established professionals with relevant experience.
- Ability to mentor engineers from diverse backgrounds.
- Minimum of three years in software development uses C#, Angular, JSON, or other relevant programming languages.
- Knowledge in web engines such as IIS, tomcat or equivalent technology is ideal.
- Experience in writing database queries/stored procedures on SQL Server or equivalent database platforms.
- Good grasp in software engineering best practices that include Agile methodology.
- A great problem solver by using reverse engineering discipline. Ability to simplify complex issues.
- Experience in navigating on Windows and Linux servers are preferred.
- Experience supporting products in AWS highly desired.
- Fast learner and not afraid of dealing with the unknown. Comfortable to work in a fast tempo environment.
- Great sense of urgency. Ability to meet deadlines.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Able to present project status and results to senior executives.
- Willing to roll up the sleeves and assist the team in any occasions.
- Able to comply with processes and procedures.
- Able to maintain professional composure in any situations.
- Exposure to the ITIL framework highly desired.
- Flexible in working extended hours on occasions or as required.