Senior Visual Designer
MINDBODY | Product Development
JOB TITLE: Visual Designer
DEPARTMENT: Product Development
JOB FAMILY: PD - Visual Design
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Design Manager
DATE UPDATED: 10/3/2019
EEOC JOB CATEGORY: Professionals
Become a part of an amazing company that values user experience. Based in San Luis Obispo, we’re looking for a highly motivated Visual Designer to join our talented, award-winning User Experience team at MINDBODY.
Great Place to Work
MINDBODY has been certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®, based on extensive ratings provided by our own employees. These ratings prove MINDBODY to have a high-trust, high-performance workplace culture, with 84 percent of employees expressing that it is a great workplace.
Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index
MINDBODY is one of 230 companies selected for the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index (GEI) which distinguishes companies committed to transparency in gender reporting and advancing women’s equality. We believe that when women thrive, companies thrive.
As a Visual Designer, you will be a part of the User Experience team working closely with your product partners to deliver strong designs that balance both user goals & business objectives. You’ll take an iterative approach, working closely with business stakeholders, UX designers, UX writers and development teams to produce best in class SaaS products in the wellness industry. Your attention to detail & problem-solving skills will shine throughout the entire process fostering a collaborative spirit amongst team members. You will build strong partnerships that ensure we deliver simple, intuitive experiences that meet our customers’ and business needs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- BA/BS degree with an emphasis in Design, Human-Computer Interaction Design, or relevant field
- 3+ years’ experience designing products
- Mastery of design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and InVision
- A user-centered approach to product development—a strong understanding of best in class design principles as well as a natural curiosity around the latest industry trends
- Experience with teams that have created new products as well as improved existing ones - and a track record for making measurable improvements
- Direct experience with modern UI design and design best practices, page layout, typography scale, hierarchy, color theory and accessibility concerns
- Experience participating in design studios, ideation sessions, journey mapping during the product design process, using design-thinking methodologies
- A great online portfolio with more than just visuals. It should showcase your thought process and your ability to take projects from conception to completion along with measurable results
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Articulate complex visions through simple, elegant designs
- Collaborate effectively with other designers, content strategists, product managers, engineers and researchers
- Advance your point of view, backed up by personal expertise, design rationale, customer data, and industry trends – leveraging senior design partners for support.
- Focus on brand consistency across all touchpoints in the customer journey through helping craft design specifications, standards, style guides, toolkits, and processes
- Work on multiple projects at one time, using communication skills to manage time and expectations appropriately.
- Consistently communicate roadblocks to senior leaders as necessary.
- All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION/AUTHORITY:
Duties are performed under supervision from your direct manager, as well as senior design partners. You will receive training and guidance when working on new processes and procedures. Most decisions will be routine, and some will require supervisor assistance. No direct management responsibility.
The incumbent or successful candidate must meet the job requirements above in order to perform the essential functions of this position and achieve the outcomes/results indicated in this job description. The Company will make every effort to make reasonable accommodations upon request to enable qualified individuals with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job.
I acknowledge receipt of this job description. Nothing contained in this job description is intended to nor does it create a contract of employment for any specific duration.
Team Member Signature: ________________________________________ Date: _______________
Team Member Name: ___________________________________________