Legal Operations Manager
Omnitracs | CT - Legal
Legal Operations Manager
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our legal and contracts team as a Legal Operations Manager. The position will work closely with the Chief Legal Officer, legal department attorneys and paralegals, the contract administration team, and the business stakeholders at all levels of the company. As our Legal Operations Manager, you will be key in creating processes and practices to improve the day-to-day efficiency and effectiveness of the legal team, facilitate improvements and efficiency in the customer contracting process, be the legal and contracts representative on various IT system implementations, control costs, and be an agent of change. This role involves managing and supporting projects across the full range of subject matter supported by the legal and contract administration teams. You must be able to adapt to changing priorities and business needs, and you must be proactive in identifying areas of need and generating action plans.
- System expert with respect to working with and reporting from Salesforce.com, contracting pricing and quoting systems, Oracle, and other data base management tools;
- Represent the legal and contracts departments on various system design and implementation teams, including the implementation team for design and roll-out of a new, fully-integrated quote to cash contracting system;
- Provide cross-functional training for other team members on use of implemented systems;
- Report on key operational and substantive contracting and other metrics that will better inform decision-making, including matter and work product analyses;
- Technical Implementation of legal documents in our contract generation system;
- Identify and implement legal department tools to streamline new or existing practices and assist with optimizing workflows within the legal and contracts departments;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including sales operations, sales and account management, customer service and support, finance, business development, regulatory, IT, and various other cross-functional groups.
- B.A or B.S. from accredited university required;
- J.D. from accredited law school helpful but not necessary;
- 3+ years of experience with legal project operations and management, systems management, management of contracts, and/or working with salesforce.com, either in-house or at a law firm;
- Demonstrated ability to independently move projects forward by gaining support needed from others while working in a cross-functional role;
- Proven track record of collaborating with cross-functional groups (e.g., Finance, Operations, Sales, IT) to set objectives and produce meaningful results;
- Strong experience in developing, implementing, and using various legal and non-legal department technology solutions (e.g., Salesforce.com, Echosign and Docusign e-signature, Oracle, SimpleLegal e-Billing and matter management, IP portfolio management, etc.);
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills;
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and successfully meet and manage multiple deadlines.