Manager, UX Design
MINDBODY | Product Development
The Manager, UX Design will help the UX team create intuitive, best-in-class experiences by removing barriers, evangelizing design thinking, and striking the balance between business objectives and customer needs.
This role is responsible for creating intuitive user experiences, exploring design concepts, collaborating with developers, understanding user needs, identifying usability opportunities, and meeting technical business objectives. Concepts and ideas will be translated into workable wireframes, user task flow diagrams, and functional design specifications. And you’ll need to present these design solutions to key stakeholders and see it through to delivery.
You’ll be a partner with product management and development—so you can efficiently and effectively support the product roadmap. And you’ll have a key role in UX Designers’ professional development, including hiring and retaining top talent.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Lead a team of UX Designers, including providing mentorship and broaden their skills, managing their career growth, conducting performance reviews, and critiquing design work
- Grow the UX team by recruiting top design talent
- Actively participate in and lead new initiatives across the company
- Make data-driven design choices by looking at qualitative and quantitative data, like usage metrics and performance data
- Ensure high-quality user B2B and B2C experiences across MINDBODY products
- Improve team efficiency and ensure timely delivery of your team’s projects by coaching UX designers and removing roadblocks
- Help evolve and drive our best practices, design standards, and patterns
- Have a “player/coach” mentality—balancing team leadership (70%) and hands-on product design (30%)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors or Masters degree with an emphasis in HCI, Human Factors, Design, related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience designing products, 1+ year experience managing and/or mentoring others preferred
- Passion for making high-quality, user-centered web and mobile products and a demonstrable portfolio to prove it
- Experience leading and delivering on full-life-cycle design projects--from design strategy through execution
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design best practices and agile methodologies
- Innovative thinking and a desire to continuously learn and evolve
- Able to influence others to achieve the best outcomes for the business.
- Upholds the company values. Promotes and supports the culture.
- Determines staffing needs: selection, promotion, development and termination.
- Defines and encourages performance expectations.
- Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Decisions impact the department or customer. Makes choices in support of goals and objectives.
- Interprets and implements new procedures and policies.
- Works on issues of varied scope requiring and understanding of current business trends.
- Develops and administers team member schedules and performance requirements.
- Frequently interacts with managers of other departments or functions.