CentralSquare Technologies | User Experience
This role can be located at either of our Lake Mary, FL or Greensboro, NC offices.
CentralSquare is looking for UI designers who are passionate problem solvers interested in shaping the future of how governments manage all aspects of their communities. Ideal candidates will possess a balance of disciplined visual design and technical problem-solving skills. This role will communicate and present to key stakeholders regarding user needs and design solutions. UI designers collaborate within cross-functional teams to deliver industry-leading user experiences across CentralSquare’s suite of products.
- Excellent understanding of graphic design fundamentals (typography, color theory, layout, etc.)
- Extreme attention to detail (pixel-level sensitivity)
- Desire to learn and educate others
- Strong working knowledge of HTML/CSS with an ability to prototype simple interactions in JS
- Experienced practitioner of User Centered Design and Agile Development methodologies
- Ability to clearly communicate design ideas to both designers and non-designers
- Expert level proficiency with Sketch, Plant, and prototyping tools like Invision or UXPin, etc.
- Proven ability to develop basic domain expertise
- Portfolio that demonstrates clear insights, problem-solving, organizational skills, and intuitive solutions
- Create interaction patterns, workflows, screens and UI components that improve our software
- Extend and improve CentralSquare’s visual design language, pattern libraries and usage guidelines
- Understand business requirements and objectives and help clarify them for others
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to develop product requirements and deliver features
- Work with developers to implement designs/prototypes into code
- Actively participate in design critiques, stakeholder reviews, and customer demos
- Help improve the way the design team works from iteration to iteration