Revenue Accounting Supervisor
Ping Identity | Accounting/Finance (9110)
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's build on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
We are seeking a motivated candidate who is confident in his/her skills, has a great attitude, works hard and wants to join an overachieving team. If you want to build your career within an industry leading, rapidly growing, technology company, then Ping is the right place for you. This position will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with the Finance, GL Operations, Sales, and Legal teams. The Revenue Accounting Supervisor will lead a team which ensures proper revenue recognition for multi-element arrangements including software, SaaS, and services, as well as provide timely and accurate visibility into Ping’s revenue. Candidates for this position should be ambitious, outgoing and interested in learning one of the most complex areas of accounting. The position offers high exposure to senior leaders at Ping and is a great opportunity to develop professional skills.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ping sells multi-element arrangements which include subscriptions for software, SaaS and services. You will be responsible for reviewing complex contracts to ensure appropriate revenue recognition in accordance with US GAAP (ASC 606).
- Supervise revenue accountant’s review of contract arrangements to ensure appropriate revenue recognition.
- Review calculations and reconciliations of professional services revenue.
- Review monthly revenue recognition journal entries.
- Prepare and/or review monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare and present monthly reporting for revenue accounts and deferred revenue accounts.
- Work directly with external auditors to provide appropriate documentation and explanations for revenue related audit requests.
- Integrate revenue operations of new businesses acquired.
- BS/BA in Accounting
- 4+ years of accounting experience
- Supervisory experience a plus, but not required
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, software revenue recognition experience a plus, but not required
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic and a willingness to learn
- NetSuite experience a plus