Oracle DB Administrator
Tomia | Information Technology
Oracle DB Administrator
Summary : As Database Administrator, you are responsible for 24/7 support ,installation, Configuration & managing database server and applying security patches & other Patches for upgrading versions of oracle database on different platforms.
TOMIA was formed from the merger of Starhome Mach and Telarix, industry veterans in Roaming and Interconnect. TOMIA offers transformative connectivity solutions to service providers worldwide. Its innovative offering enables customers to manage a unified optimization process of both roaming and interconnect while driving the future of connectivity through new technologies and services such as VoLTE, NFV, and 5G. With over 500 employees worldwide, regional headquarters in the US, Israel, Luxembourg, India, and a presence in over 30 countries, Tomia serves over 400 operators including 30 tier-1 and six of the industry’s largest groups. To learn more visit www.tomiaglobal.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Include the following. Other duties may be assigned. All duties will be performed under the review/guidance of the Manager.
- Good trouble shooting skills and being able to mentor database specialists and handleEscalated calls.
- Must have worked on large production database environments.
- Must have comprehensive and expert knowledge of Oracle database architecture and software products, including a detailed knowledge of Oracle internals and database recovery techniques.
- Oracle 11g, 12c Administration skills;
- Should have designed and managed Highly Available / Disaster Recovery infrastructure. Oracle 11g and 12c RAC skills preferred;
- Experience of Unix Operating system and facilities and Storage
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have 5+ years of extensive database management experience with strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Candidate should be well versed with all Oracle database administration activities for a variety of applications using, Oracle ( 11g and 12c) on various flavours of UNIX, LINUX environments
- Willing to work in a 24x7 production mission critical environment, including weekends
- Experience with Oracle database 11g,12c, 18c, RAC, ASM, Data Guard and Golden Gate
- Experience withDatabase Performance Tuning and SQL query Tuning andPartitioning
- Experience with database backup and recovery
- Experience with database cross platform migration in oracle solaris to linux
- Experience with database patching and upgrades
- Experience in Oracle SQL/PLSQL, If any experience with SQL server administration added advantage
- Experience in any Unix shell script
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field is required.
An individual must also have excellent communication in English both oral and written.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.I , A3800_268_0