Financial Operations Analyst
PowerSchool | Services
The Financial Analyst provides critical business guidance to the organization on a broad range of accounting,
reporting and analytical projects, ensuring the integrity of financial data. The Financial Analyst is responsible for
assisting the finance department in various analytical and reporting projects. The Financial Analyst will be
responsible for the preparation of reports, QA of existing reports and assuring reporting compliance. Other
responsibilities include assisting Finance personnel in monthly financial statement closings, audit preparation, and
other special projects as required.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Assists in the analysis of financial data and extracts and defines relevant information
• Reviews costs and performs cost benefit analysis related to projects and/or programs
• Performs statistical, cost, and financial analysis of data reported in the various financial systems
• Develops financial reports for forecasting, trending, and results analysis
• Records, classifies, and summarizes financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted
• Interprets financial transactions and events for users who must make economic or business decisions
• Other duties as assigned
• 4-year undergraduate degree in Finance and/or Accounting required
• Minimum of 3+ years of combined accounting and finance experience required
• Strong working knowledge of Excel and Power Point required, with particular
focus on financial modeling.
• Proficiency in the use of software applications, databases, extensive knowledge
of spreadsheets-a must, and/or word processing required
• Detail oriented and the ability to work accurately is essential