Sr. Software Engineer
DealerSocket | Engineering - CRM
Senior Software Engineer
DealerSocket is a leading provider of software for the automotive industry. Our mission is to drive the future of automotive, by simplifying the experience for its customers and partners with a suite of seamlessly integrated products. DealerSocket’s suite of products includes advanced Customer Relationship Management (CRM), innovative Digital Marketing and Websites, robust Vehicle Inventory Management, insightful Analytics Reporting, and solutions to streamline dealer operations such as Desking, Credit Reporting, Compliance, and a Dealer Management System (DMS) for dealers of all sizes. To put it simply: we help dealers sell and service vehicles more profitably, while improving their customers’ experience. The DealerSocket Team is more than 1,000 employees strong, serving nearly 8,000 dealerships. Visit careers.dealersocket.com to learn more about how you can join our winning team!
Perks & Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
Company-paid Life & Disability Insurance
Paid Vacation, Sick Days & Holidays
Paid Parental Leave
Wellness Program that pays up to $200 per year
Collaborative & Open Office Environment
Job Purpose Summary
Our challenge is to use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, and/or update complex and extremely powerful systems. Our customers and partners need applications that enable them to easily operate and expand their automotive business and efficiently manage their teams. Equally important is our visualization of clients’ needs to provide them the information they need to understand how their business is performing and what changes could be made to improve their performance.
DealerSocket is seeking experienced software engineers who can leverage their skill-set to grow as part of an Agile SCRUM team. The ideal candidate should be a quick learner and love challenging themselves to constantly raise the bar. This opportunity requires strong problem-solving skills, an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication as they deliver efficient, well designed, and tested software for a positive user experience. Innovative thinking and well-designed products with an emphasis on performance are a necessity to give our users the best experience possible.
Key Job Functions/Requirements
- Hands-on experience with construction of complex engineering solutions and knowledge of software development methodologies
- Assumes end-to-end ownership of solutions as part of Agile SCRUM team, which includes assisting in development of testing automation and other key quality aspects
- Partner with product owners and other Agile SCRUM team members to determine new features and user stories
- Able to give high quality code reviews that follow company standards and industry best practices
- Create and/or update documentation to support development efforts.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and effective collaboration in a team-oriented environment
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and concepts
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Able to translate customer and business needs to technical solutions
- Resilient to change
- Mentor and train other Software Engineers
- Take the lead on challenging software engineering projects
- Respond to support incidents for production applications in order to make quick repair to prevent application outages
- Exhibits DevOps mindset where Agile SCRUM team is accountable for product from inception to sunset
- Experience with Memory management, performance tuning threading and profiling
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- 6+ years
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Full stack experience preferred, strong back-end or front-end experience a plus.
- Experience with React / Angular / Vue. React experience a plus.
- Proficient with SQL databases (SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySql)
- Experience with C# .NET, or compiled OOP language such as Java or C++.
- Experience with REST and writing RESTful services. Familiarity with WebAPI a plus.
- Experience with Unit testing using, dependency injection, and mock frameworks
- Experience with design patterns and object-oriented programming
- Experience with enterprise SAAS a plus.