Information Security Engineer
Jamf | 620 - Information Security
Who we are:
Jamf, the standard for Apple in the enterprise, extends the legendary Apple experience people love to businesses, schools, and government organizations. After watching hundreds of users struggle to deploy, update, and secure Apple computers, iPads, and iPhones in business and in the classroom, we knew there had to be a better way to handle such pesky IT functions. Removing the barriers of technology and empowering doctors to treat patients, teachers to teach, and businesses to thrive.
Today, more than 34,000 customers from more than 150 countries rely on Jamf to help them succeed with Apple. We don’t say we are the best, but we strive to be the best. We are a group of curious, self-starters with a passion for making people’s lives easier, paving the way for a better Apple experience in government organizations, hospitals, businesses, and schools.
What you’ll do at Jamf:
At Jamf, we empower people to be their best selves and do their best work. The Information Security Engineer position is responsible for monitoring and assessing the security of all customer-facing products and services provided by JAMF Software, as well as internal infrastructure and services used by JAMF Software. In addition, the position is responsible for providing guidance and technical expertise both during the product/service planning and development process as well as during the development and maintenance of corporate policies and procedures. Finally, the position is also responsible for responding to and managing issues in the Security Response queue.
- Develop and maintain security documentation and reporting
- Manage 1st and 3rd party penetration tests and vulnerability assessments on company products and services
- Provides guidance for the removal or remediation of vulnerabilities to products and hosted infrastructure
- Perform security incident analysis and recommend remediation steps
- Research new threats, risks, and attack vectors to JAMF infrastructure and software
- Responds and coordinate research and resolution of security incidents and issues
- Performs security assessments on both internal and external applications/infrastructure
- Provide product expertise and counsel throughout the organization
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core values, mission and purpose of the organization
- Adheres to the highest moral, ethical and legal standards to deliver an environment that promotes respect, innovation and creativity
- Supports and promotes a positive, inclusive workplace one in which the talents and strengths of our increasingly diverse workforce are welcomed, further developed and manifested in our work
- 2 - 4 Years Advanced knowledge of the SLDC, QA testing, software development, or application security. (Required)
- 2 – 4 Years Knowledge of information system security principles, information system security controls, data communication networks, or risk & compliance (Preferred)
- 2 – 4 Years Knowledge and experience in security testing, security automation, security assessment tools and techniques (Preferred)
- General Experience Knowledge and experience with Jamf software, Apple devices, or device management (Preferred)
- Strong Communication Skills
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Proven Analytical Skills
- Read / Comprehend Written Instructions
- Follow Verbal Instructions
- Ability to communicate complex technical terms in an easy to understand, non-technical manner
- Ability to interact effectively with co-workers in a results driven culture
- Self-starter, energetic multi-tasker, highly motivated and team player
- Effective and efficient project planning and time management skills
- Ability to critically analyze issues and use good judgement to make decisions
- Trustworthy with sensitive information and access to systems containing sensitive data
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or related field (Preferred, a combination of relevant experience and education may be considered)
- Preferred Certifications/Licensures:
- GIAC Security Essentials
- CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker)
- CISSP Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- AWS Certified Security
How we help you reach your best potential:
- We are progressive, but laid back. You are free to be you and work how you work best. Here, you manage your own day and your own work style.
- Be your own self-starter. We support each other no doubt, but we thrive taking initiative and are empowered to roll up our sleeves, dig in, and push forward.
- Everyone has a voice and everyone can make a difference, our more than 90% employee retention rate agrees!
- We put people over profits – which is why our customers keep coming back to us at a 96% customer retention rate
- Ability to support and give back to your community through volunteer paid time off.
- Ability to grow in your professional career through advancement opportunities, including tuition reimbursement for those obtaining a degree.
- 20 of the Top 25 Fortune 500 companies rely on Jamf to do their best work.
- We are relentless, but we are selfless. You can create and be creative, dig in, break it down, and troubleshoot to help others make sense of technology.
- Best – in – class training in professional growth and product knowledge.
You are the right kind of Jamf if:
You go above and beyond for others, genuine and willing to help, always. You support the team around you, you don’t point fingers or pass blame. You take responsibility for your actions, are open, and respect others. You value different perspectives, in how you work and how you learn. You are naturally inquisitive, like to create and be creative. You are a problem solver, curious and resourceful, self-driven and constantly improving. You roll up your sleeves and dig in. You are excited by not knowing what may lie ahead. You are willing to take risks, try new things, even fail just to do it better next time. You’re not a jerk. You put people first. You are a good person, someone who just wants to do the right thing.
Our mission is simple; we help organizations succeed with Apple. At Jamf, we put people first. We focus on the human before we focus on the technology. We are just good people that have it in their gut to do what’s right – for our customers, our employees, and our communities.