Senior Technical writer
PowerSchool | Product Management
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Organize, write, and edit user documentation for assigned products and prepare documentation for publication. Documentation may include user guides, release notes, online help, and/or training materials.
- Update existing documentation as needed.
- Coordinate the review of each change in documentation with the appropriate personnel to ensure that final documentation is clear, complete, and accurate.
- Report bugs found while producing documentation and verify bug fixes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assist customers and internal staff as needed.
- Provide internal training as needed.
- Review and/or write program specifications; assist in software design.
- Provide peer review of documentation written by others.
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Technical writing experience
- Professional experience writing instructional guides for public consumption, including journalism, curriculum development, training, online knowledgebase articles, etc.
- Fully fluent in written and conversational English.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Working knowledge of the Atlassian software suite (JIRA and Confluence focus), or another wiki-based content system.
- Working knowledge of K-12 education and business processes.
- Requires fundamental writing and presentation skills and the demonstrated competence to effectively present information in either format.
- Requires demonstrated competence in understanding procedures, policies, information, ideas, and instructions.
- Requires demonstrated skill with prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Requires demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must have strong organizational skills to handle a heavy workload and multiple projects with frequent interruptions and schedule changes.
- Requires the ability to:
- Comfortably interface with all levels of the organization.
- Work effectively and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a diverse population of employees and customers.