PowerSchool | R&D
Domain : MySQL Database Administration
Position : Database Administrator
Day to day delivery roles:
• MY SQL, SQL Server & Oracle DB day to day maintenance – Execution of day to day tasks related to monitoring and managing MY SQL, SQL Server & Oracle DB instances.
• Problem management – Perform root cause analysis on trended DB incidents, performance tuning and major outages up through the application stack.
• Automation Development – Develop automation that can trigger off a variety of industry standard monitoring tools to resolve common issues in the environment or maintain operating levels. (ie. Automatic restart of processes, automated capacity management, etc…)
• Database Scaling Design – Contribute to the design of scaling the management of an enterprise database environment including high availability deployment, pluggable databases, encryption and more.
• Strong working knowledge of MY SQL, SQL Server & Oracle DB, Always on a plus
• Strong working knowledge of IIS, 2 layer applications
• Strong working knowledge of Shell Scripting, Batch Scripting, and Perl Scripting• Experience with web analytic technologies
• Familiarity with the functionality of Disaster Recovery, Virtualization, and CRM products
• Knowledge of private and public Cloud providers