Software Engineer III - Front End Engineer
MINDBODY | Product Development
Company Overview - https://company.mindbodyonline.com/
JOB FAMILY SUMMARY:
The Front End Engineer designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs frontend code for our core product. This includes developing software components including Frameworks, Skins, Utilities, and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design when applicable.
The Software Engineer III – FEE (Front End Engineering) is an integral part of our growing team, championing web standards as well as sharing knowledge and skill across development teams. Ideal candidates bring several years of web development experience, expert knowledge of HTML/CSS, solid design, layout, and usability knowledge, and the ability to execute with minimal supervision. They are responsible for their own code and bugs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a self-directed, key contributor to code development on features and bugs to produce successful team sprints.
- Makes implementation design decisions around new feature components.
- Produces contingency plans for critical projects.
- Analyzes technical requirements with the team to gauge level of effort.
- Breaks down complex projects and delegate work to junior engineers.
- Carefully analyzes design specifications before coding to understand effort levels required.
- Brainstorms with Product Managers and designers to conceptualize and estimate new features.
- Creates technical documentation for new features that can be easily understood by peers.
- Writes and executes tests, including creating comprehensive unit tests.
- Performs peer code reviews to ensure quality of the codebase.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies.
- Ensures designs and projects created comply with design library guidelines, internal best practices, and coding conventions when applicable.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years of industry experience in developing web applications, mobile and/or large scale enterprise products
- Working knowledge of server-side languages (PHP, ASP, Ruby, C#)
- You have an eye for details that make a great user experience
- You take pride in pixel-perfect precision
- Familiar with SDLC and programming design patterns
- Familiar with Agile methodology
- Skillful at reviewing new feature impact on an application and recognizing potential risks
- Detailed oriented, professional and possesses a positive work attitude
- Communicate professionally both verbally and in writing
- Effective time management skills
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION/AUTHORITY:
This position is expected to manage their time, projects, and meet deadlines with limited supervision. Decision making authority is broad due to the scope of assignments. Team members in this position are expected to exercise discretion and independent judgment in accomplishing key tasks. No direct management responsibility.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.