Sr. Product Marketing Manager
Kazoo | Marketing
Overview of the role:
We are looking for an experienced technology product marketer to join our team of rock-star marketers. This role is key to our integrated go-to-market strategy — sitting at the nexus of our product, marketing, and sales strategies. You will be one part accomplished storyteller who can craft compelling and differentiated product narratives and one part strategist who can align each part of the "offer mix" to ensure that we win more than our share of the market. If you are intellectually curious, highly collaborative, ambitious, and can thrive in a dynamic environment, then this may be the role for you.
In this role, you will be leading a key component of Kazoo's go-to-market (GTM) strategy in partnership with the sales, product, and marketing teams. You'll need to be a decisive leader who uses both data and creative problem solving to build commercialization strategies that drive acquisition, product adoption, and grow revenue. We're looking for someone who excels at the combination of assessing market opportunities, identifying areas for growth, crafting sticky value propositions, and ensuring the execution of well-designed GTM plans.
What awesome stuff you'll do:
- Develop and refine our market segment vision, strategy, sizing, and plans.
- Become an authority on Kazoo's buyer personas, general HR-tech trends, and the overall competitive market structure.
- Partner with the product team to build product launch plans that align with pipeline, adoption, and revenue goals.
- Develop product messaging frameworks and bold positioning that differentiates and elevates Kazoo and creates prospect engagement.
- Partner closely with the product team to influence product strategy and develop top-line customer narratives, compelling use cases, and the business benefits realized.
- Work closely with the marketing team to support innovative awareness, content, and demand generation tactics.
- Team with sales enablement and sales teams to communicate the value of the Kazoo platform.
- Produce effective sales enablement materials, such as training content, cheat sheets and decks, enabling sales to understand and communicate the value and capabilities of our products.
- Track, measure, and report against OKRs.
What you'll need to be successful:
- 5+ years B2B technology experience in Product Marketing, Strategy or Management Consulting; SaaS experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with an emphasis on communications, marketing, and business; an MBA is a plus.
- Demonstrated career progression in Product Marketing that gradually reflects increased scope of responsibilities.
- A strategic mindset that can see beyond the day-to-day grind to ensure we have a focused go-to-market strategy designed to exceed our growth goals.
- Proven understanding of value drivers in SaaS subscription and recurring revenue business models and the SaaS customer lifecycle.
- The interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with cross-functional teams including marketing, sales, product, finance, and customer success.
- Strong writing skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail and organization is paramount with a continuous desire to learn and improve.
- Consistent record of delivering to schedule and goals.
- Ability to thrive in the fast-paced and ever-changing environment of a startup is paramount.