Naviga Inc. | G&A
NAVIGA is the leading provider of software and services powering the global media industry. Our content management, advertising management, subscription management, OTT and mobile solutions help companies drive profitability and accelerate digital business models. With headquarters in Bloomington, MN and regional offices throughout the world, Naviga is a trusted partner serving over 10,000 news media, broadcast, magazine, financial services and corporate clients. Naviga is growing and expanding due to M&A activity.
Our Bloomington office offers several perks including an on-site gym, on site cafeteria, free airport shuttle, free covered parking, and adjacent to major metro transit lines!
Naviga is seeking to hire an Associate Accountant to complement our Corporate Accounting Team. As the Associate Accountant, you will critically analyze complex aspects related to General Accounting. You will be responsible for preparing monthly account reconciliations and analysis for our Balance Sheet accounts, to ensure management has an accurate understanding of our position. This is a full-time, permanent position, located in Bloomington, Minnesota. We value communication, teamwork, strategic agility, and integrity.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare or provide monthly account reconciliations and analysis for Balance Sheet accounts.
- Prepare and book intercompany transactions between foreign entities.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and year-end close cycles.
- Record monthly journal entries, including month end accruals.
- Track, report, and reconcile global Fixed Assets and Prepaids.
- Assist with vendor communication and weekly payment tracking.
- Support annual budget and monthly forecasts through trend analysis.
- Maintain, perform, and update internal control procedures.
- Participate in the interim and annual audit fielding auditors’ questions and providing appropriate support.
- Other ad hoc projects as needed.
Education and Experience
- Previous Accounting experience of 1 year preferred (internship included).
- Knowledge of US GAAP accounting.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work closely with various departments.
- Absolute integrity and the use of good judgment to handle the confidential nature of duties, tasks and information.
- High level of experience with Excel, including pivot tables.
- Good time management skills; ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Impressive work ethic.
- Experience in the Software/SaaS industry.
- Experience with G/L software packages (Intacct preferred) and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with month-end close process.
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to learn quickly and flexible with duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Disclaimer: This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might be required.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Naviga is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer