Technical Product Manager
EagleView | Product Strategy
EagleView is transforming the way companies use data about the physical world by delivering more accuracy and context in a constantly changing environment. EagleView imagery reveals the finest and most important details, and computer vision helps companies gain actionable insights into any location—from anywhere. By delivering timely, comprehensive answers to complex questions, EagleView helps professionals make informed decisions for the present and future.
As the company expands into new markets and continues to pioneer the use of aerial imagery and machine learning, the organization is looking for an analytical and energetic self-starter who is passionate about understanding customer pain points and market opportunities, and enjoys developing data-informed value propositions, to successfully bring new solutions to market for a variety of commercial customers.
EagleView is hiring a Technical Product Manager (TPM) for the construction vertical. This role will be responsible for driving technical software delivery for a number of key products across multiple engineering teams. Someone successful in this role will thrive on partnering with product management to define the “what”, the “how” with engineering, and the “when” with program management. On any given day, the TPM could be working through the development of a new microservice, learning about platform initiatives at EagleView, or collaborating with UX to think through a user interface for a new feature. The right candidate will relish in technical mastery of their products. The right candidate should be comfortable talking with both backend and frontend engineers as well as understanding how to make a feature come to fruition.
- Collaborate with product management to understand business requirements and associated priorities for development
- Break down the business requirements into user stories that engineering can consume with clear acceptance criteria for QA.
- Drive reporting efforts across all new features as well as setting standards around performance, scalability, and automation.
- Deep-dive technically with engineering to define the “how” – whether this is in the form of drawing up UMLs, data flow, reviewing developer documentation, etc.
- Work closely with other TPMs when there is a functionality dependency from other engineering teams
- Evaluate and mitigate ongoing risks to project delivery (time, scope, budget) with an eye of knowing when to escalate blocking issues
- Understands building for scale and the vision that re-usable services in our platform architecture will enable us to derive new products with a much shorter time to market.
- Takes action to drive issues to resolution.
- Inspires teams to over-achieve in a fast-paced, distributed environment.
- Collaborates across product management and engineering teams to ensure alignment of priorities.
- Actively engages key stakeholders to drive business requirements.
- Completes projects and tasks on time, on target, and on budget.
- Reports regularly on performance against business metrics and objectives
- Curious – desires to learn every day.
- Critical Thinker – looks beyond the obvious.
- Communicator – shares thoughts, candidly and respectfully.
- Entrepreneurial, can-do approach coupled with a strong desire to make a difference.
- Ready to challenge the status-quo and drive innovative ideas.
- Quantitative and analytical skills with a keen understanding of how numbers will affect outcomes over both the short and long term.
- Honest, candid and trustworthy. A team player.
- Executes quickly and gets things done on time.
- Agile and adaptable. Thrives on change.
- Quick study, self-learner. Gains proficiency in new industries, markets and technologies quickly.
- Bachelor’s (BA or BS), computer science or technical field; or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ experience as a technical product manager, product owner, program manager, software developer, consultant, or in a related field.
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams and coordinating release schedules; preferred would be direct experience in native mobile and/or web applications
- Familiarity with software development tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Postman, and Github.
- Thorough understanding of software development lifecycle from concept to delivery and working knowledge of REST APIs
- Ability to operate and thrive with partial information and ambiguity
- Strong attention to detail
EagleView® offers competitive pay and robust benefit plans along with the opportunity to grow your career in a fast-paced, fun and casual environment.
EagleView and its subsidiaries are committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.