Design Fellow - Govloop
Granicus | Marketing
GovLoop's mission is simple: connect government to improve government. We aim to inspire public sector professionals to better service by acting as the knowledge network for government. GovLoop serves a community of more than 300,000 government leaders by helping them to foster collaboration, learn from each other, solve problems and advance in their government careers. The GovLoop community has been widely recognized across the public sector -- federal, state, local, industry and academia -- as a leading site for addressing public sector issues.
This fellowship goes from January 13 – May 15, 2020.
What You Get To Do:
- Create the layout and design of GovLoop written products
- Assist our event and marketing departments in designing collateral for in-person and online events, including posters, presentations, web banners, etc.
- Image researching, illustration and designing marketing materials for print and the web (like new t-shirts, business cards, flyers, stickers, etc.)
- Collaborate with our motion graphics team on brainstorming, storyboarding, and reviewing our on-demand learning courses
- Work in a new office in downtown DC with an awesome group of smart, hard-working professionals who want to help government get better (there's free snacks and drinks, too)
What We Need In You:
- 1+ year of experience preferred as a graphic designer working with layout, illustration, publishing, branding, editorial and/or web design
- Preferred degree in graphic design, but will consider other degrees with relevant experience
- Fluency in full Adobe Creative Suite a must, with a focus on InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- A solid foundation in graphic design demonstrated through compelling use of design principles and elements including: white space, balance, repetition, typography, color, contrast, alignment, etc.
- Ability to translate content into illustrated representations for public consumption and use both in print and digitally
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Up-to-date portfolio required. Please include a link in your resume or cover letter.
- Experience with AfterEffects
- Experience recording and editing audio)
- Photography or videography skills (please include in portfolio if applicable)
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.