Software Development Engineer in Test II
Vertafore | Development
Employees in this role design and implement test plans to ensure that software functions as expected to meet or exceed customer’s standards.
As a Vertafore SDET II, you will be instrumental in Vertafore’s ongoing success within the insurance industry. Our SDETs work with our development teams, focusing on the providing the best products for our valued customers. This is a fast paced, ever changing environment. We continually challenge ourselves to exceed objectives, remove barriers, meet crucial deadlines, and maintain multiple projects, all while pioneering ways for efficiency with a team player attitude. If you have a passion for product quality, love technology, and enjoy thinking outside the box, you’re who we are looking for.
Core requirements and responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
- Write test cases
- Works in-line with QA Analysts to understand test documentation and strategies to plan the automation of newly developed functionality
- Coordinates testing between products and looks for best practices to incorporate test automation
- Completes basic end-to-end testing for more complex features or aspects of products including writing and implementing manual tests and overseeing automated tests
- Documents test results and consistent steps to reproduce bugs, updates internal documentation
- Investigates and develops new testing tools to mitigate risks found in software for areas not able to be tested using existing tools
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to define problems, collect data, analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to manage a broad range of deliverables in an ever-changing environment
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with cross-functional teams
• Ability to comprehend documentation clearly and effectively
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of OOP coding concepts
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Detail oriented; demonstrated ability to handle multiple strategic projects and priorities with efficiency and accuracy
• An inherent drive to solve problems, collaborate with others and mentor team members
• Strong presentation, verbal and written skills as proven with well-written technical, project, client and related communications and presentations
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related technical field) or equivalent practical experience
• 3+ years of testing automation experience
• Design and architecture knowledge
• Experience with Agile software development
Additional Requirements and Details:
• Travel required up to 10% of the time.
• Located and working from an office location.
• Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
• Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
• Frequent sitting and/or standing.
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.